“Absolutely shocking...Avoid!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Coude Fou

Le Coude Fou
12, Rue Bourg Tibourg, 75004 Paris, France (Le Marais)
+33 1 42 77 15 16
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Coude Fou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,266 of 13,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: A delightful place. Nice French food, great french historic wine bar atmosphere. Seems to be family owned. Plats about 18euros.
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely shocking...Avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Having read all the positive reviews, I can only imagine that they're mostly "fabricated" by affiliates/staff of the restaurant. To sum up the very unfortunate dining experience, it was truly one of the worse one could ever had, only slightly better than some street food found in the slums of Mumbai. Food: bad, flavourless, boring and unappealing on the plate and an insult to the palette. And to add insult to injury, I've suffered an upset stomach all day. Atmosphere: felt like a low-class affair with tatty decor (the attempt to add some charm with the silly murals was nothing but dingy and shabby). Staff: abrupt, rude, uncultured, disrespectful, unfriendly and the list of adjectives goes on without getting any more flattering - Our waitress (a skinny, dark-headed devil of a waitress with plastic boobs wearing a dress too short to be legal and a neckline so low that her artificial assets were threatening to escape every time she bent over) did not "serve" the food but shamelessly and unapologetically threw the plates on the table. Price: highway robbery for the nonsense we were served. The only positive thing about the place was an old, sweet man named Michel who first showed us to our table, as soon as we sat down the nightmare started. PLEASE AVOID (especially if you want to be kind to the establishment or they'll never improve!)

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Le Coude Fou”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very poor. Expensive, poor food and worse service. The waitress was rude and surly. Three of us ordered creme brulee and found it inedible. My 7.50 Euro ice cream was obviously store bought. The terrine was old and dry.

It was recommended to us by a trusted local and I've seen some old reviews which were good so it must have gone downhill recently.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Quaint & Charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went to Le Coude Fou for lunch & enjoyed it immensely! Such a quaint & charming setting that feels very cozy! We loved the murals on the walls, and the art work! The baguettes were amazing and the set lunch menu is one that you cannot go wrong with! Enjoy!

Visited May 2012
Washington, DC
“underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My hotel had recommend this restaurant, so I had higher hopes than perhaps warranted. Nothing was memorable about the place except the cutely decorated wall paintings. The service was very slow even by European standards. The waitress specifically asked how I wanted the steak cooked and then it came out the opposite of what I requested. The chicken kabob entree was mediocre. The accompanying vegetables were the best part of the meal. I think we ordered a dessert but I cannot recall what it was. While I never expect friendly service or even really want much interaction with the wait staff, in this case I felt somehow my (well-behaved) 10 year old child and I were not the clientele or demographic desired. We did not have a reservation and perhaps this was the reason for the lack of warmth. The service was solely perfunctory, almost an afterthought like we were forgotten. I looked around the room several times and it appeared to me that others were having a much better experience than us. I feel like I should have enjoyed the meal and restaurant, but I did not.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Ma favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Completely delicious, a great place to gather after the Picasso Museum or a long stroll in the Marais. Treat yourself...the baked cheese bathed in Creme fraiche is worth every bite.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere