“Louvre and city day tour with Chris” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 334 Tours & Activities in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: For the last five years Chris is organising free walks, private tours and visits in order to show you the best of City of Lights. This season you can join his famous Montmartre free tour or/and take one of the following private tours: Marais and the Jewish history, Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle private visit, The Left bank tour, Paris Landmarks, Night Paris tour or visite the Louvre with Chris. Chris is high educated guide on on his tours you will get stories of the history of Paris and France, architecture, art, politics, every day parisian life.
London, United Kingdom
“Louvre and city day tour with Chris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had only one day in Paris, and after finding this tour in the very last minute, we were really pleased with the prompt response we received from Chris. After just half an hour, we had agreed on a tour involving The Louvre, which we really wanted to see, and a number of major landmarks suggested by Chris. At our arrival in Paris, he met us directly at the train station, Gare du Nord, and he had our metro tickets ready for us. -We really appreciated these small but helpful gestures making it easier for us to simply enjoy our short time in Paris, without having to deal with figuring out the public transport system etc. It all went smoothly, and we enjoyed the witty company of Chris. He's a real fun and pleasant guy to be around, and he had everything planned for us: After visiting the Louvre, we had a lunch break in beautiful surroundings, and it was beyond interesting to speak to him about art and architecture in Paris, and fascinating to hear a bit about his life here, before continuing the tour. In the end, Chris went with us to the train station so we could simply jump on the Eurostar back to London. In the train we spoke about how it had all went so easily that it almost felt like we had just taken the tube from King's Cross to another part of London! Yet this was a whole different world cause this was beautiful Paris!! Highly recommended! We had a magic day and that is thanks to Chris! So thank you City Free Tour! We really loved it!

3 attraction reviews
“Awesome walking tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We did several tours with City Free Tour and enjoyed all of them. Thank you Chris and Tamara for sharing your knowledge and experiences of the beautiful city of Paris. We had a wonderful time!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Okay overview of area but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

took the tour of Montmartre with Chris. It was fine for an overview of the area and Chris was nice. Hit on most of the main attractions so if that is what you are interested in it will do.

If you are looking for more in-depth information on the area and its history and interested in seeing and hearing about some of the non-touristy spots this might not be the tour for you.

SciPo, Owner at City Free Tour, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Rick H,

Thank you! I appreciate all opinions if they come from my real guests. After me asking nicely more than once to tell me under wich name you had your reservation with me, in order to be sure how this review is for my tour, you said you dont want to give the answer. So please allow me to advise my future guests to take this review with a huge hesitation! I am not saying this is the case, but this wouldnt be the first time when competitors write a review. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Chris
St. Johns
“City Free Montmartre Paris tour was a wonderful tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I found out about City Free Tours just before leaving Paris. I was very lucky to take the Montmartre tour with Chris. This tour was wonderful - it was evident that he loves the city and loves sharing it with people. I saw a side of Montmartre I don't think I would have seen otherwise, including amazing attractions and watching the view of Paris emerge from behind the Sacre Coeur. Chris had a wonderful sense of humor and curiosity about those in the tour, and really made it a great experience. My only regret is that I was not able to take more tours!

Visited September 2013
“Favorite Part of Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Loved this tour and Chris was excellent! His knowledge combined with his pleasant personality made this comprehensive trip very interesting and entertaining. Chis had to deal with an extremely rude couple during our tour and handled this difficult situation with the overall group's experience as his main priority. Good job under stress! I had been to Montmartre before and this tour gave me so much more information about a truly unique part of Paris.

Visited August 2013