In my opinion this place charges 4-5 star rates but delivers 2.5 star service. The on-line video and previous good reviews must be fake!!
This place ruined my trip of a lifetime to Paris...I cried myself to sleep on more than one occasion! It was soo bad!! We stayed in both the Romantic and the Cosy suites. If i hadn't pre-paid I would have found somewhere else after only one night.
If you are considering staying at Pelican Residencs read the following first.
1. Television - the lure of a flat screen tv both in the pictures and the specs is 'sad'. The television worked only 30 % of the time. (pretty significant if you stay more than a week) When we reported it, there were promises of getting a technician in to fix it but it never happened. When it did work it was a bit 'suss'. It would work for about an hour and then freeze. You could sometimes switch off and turn it back on...but most times it remained stuck.
2. Shower - you would assume that in most apartments you could have a leisurely shower with a medium pressure. Not here as we found out when we flooded the entire bathroom floor as the gradient of run off to the drain was almost flat.
3. Safe - this was close to useless. It wasn't bolted down. It was fully removable and was positioned to help prop up the kitchen table leg which was too short to reach the floor.
4. Tea Towel - when you rent a self catering apartment you would expect a tea towel so you could dry the dishes. Not so.
5. Hair drying and shaving in the bathroom - most people like to style their hair or shave in front of the mirror in the bathroom. Not here! = the power point didn't work.
6. Microwave - there is a micowave but the only dish youcan use in it is a small glass bowl.
7.Clothes drying - there is a washing machine but no place to hang out a load of washing.No clothes airer. the only option is to hang everything on coat hangers near the window
8. Non - smokers - the whole room stunk of stale smoke. The curtains were yellow at the bottom from smoke and even when you opened the windows right up it was hard to avoid getting a headache.
9. stairs - there are 20 stairs between each floor. They are spiral winding all the way up and very uneven surfaces...a combination of stone and wood. i wouldn't suggest negotiating without the light on. The pictures of the staircase are deceiving.
10. Bed - the mattress in the Romantic suite is worn out. It dips about 4 inches in the middle to create a V shape. It felt like sleeping on the side of a gully. The springs stuck out so much that on two occasions I woke with the spring imprint in my arm.
11. no Service - you have to ask for every thing. When the shower flooded and we used the towels and a bucket to mop it all up...housekeeping took the towels but didn't replace them. When the toilet paper ran out..and housekeeping had been that day..we had to ask for more.
12. Cleanliness - if you want to walk around barefoot...think again. the floor was so filthy I ended up with black feet from wandering around the unit.
13. Don't try to change the credit card you want to pay on. When i booked I gave one card number but when we arrived I mentioned I wanted to pay on another one. The Manager said he'd check. Next I saw there was a debit against my first card.
14. Quiet - if you want to sleep well and relax...think again this is a really noisy location especially at 3am and without air conditioning you have to leave the windows open at night.
15. Broken promises - when we swapped rooms...they shifted our luggage but threw out our fridge contents. When we mentioned this we were promised some milk but it never arrived.
On day of our departure the Manager offered help with our suitcases and that he would book a taxi. When the time came...there was no help and no taxi. A very awful broken promise for people in their 50's at 6am!!
in summary this place is like asking 4 star prices for a 2 star facility and accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Pelican Paris 1er Appartements is an exclusive Paris apartment complex, literally a few steps from Paris’ Louvre museum, in the heart of the French capital. Paris’ main tourist attractions including the Jardins des Tuilleries, Place de la Concorde, Palais Royal and Champs Elysées are all within easy reach. The ideal central Paris location, with everything you need nearby, including Paris brasseries, cafes, theatres, cinemas and bakeries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Residence Pelican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Pelican Hotel Paris