“Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 13,462 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: On the banks of the Seine, moments from Paris' Ile de la Cite and within easy reach of Paris' most celebrated landmarks is Le Tournebièvre restaurant . The first thing that will undoubtedly strike you about the restaurant (formerly Le Rencard Gourmand) is the breathtaking view across the river. But quite apart from the fairytale setting, Le Tournebièvre is special in its own right. Its classic French bistro cuisine is hugely popular with locals so it provides a real Parisian experience, quite apart from the usual tourist-version of Parisian dining. The simple bistro interior is accompanied, in the summer months, with pavement dining under a wide, shady awning. The traditional French menu is created using fine, seasonal ingredients, with a wide choice for all tastes. And, sacre bleu, the service at Le Tournebièvre is both professional and genuinely friendly.
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

On a very busy Saturday night we enjoyed one of the finest meals I've ever eaten. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and is frequented by French and tourists alike.

Make sure you book early (at least one month) to avoid disappointment.

LEEDS
“Simple - done well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

There are scores of places could claim offer more cutting edge and fancy food in Paris, but this place plays it slightly differently:
Small, simple menu cooked beautifully
Very friendly and efficient staff
Good value

This is only a little place by the side of the river and so you could feel a little cramped at first, but as the evening progressed I think this added to the friendly, informal and charming atmosphere.

Starters, main and sweet were thoroughly enjoyed by the two of us (we had completely different choices and my partner doesn't eat meat ). Would certainly return if in Paris again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went here last week to celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary on 8/8/2013. I researched a lot of restaurants prior to our trip and found this one! What a find! We were treated to one of the best meals we have ever had. Fabulous wait staff and wonderful food. Please make sure to stop and eat here! We are from Las Vegas and eat at some of the finest restaurants and this place was better than all of them.

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Superb little find ! An excellent chef !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

On the basis of other reports on this gastro-bistro, I made a reservation on-line about a month before our visit. Recognising one or two other comments about failed reservations, I phoned ahead a few days before to confirm,....no worries,...all safely recognised.

On arrival, the restuarant was somewhat quiet, only one group inside...given the proximity to Notre-Dame I wondered if we had made a mistake....but,... within 30 mins the place was busting and they were turning folk away.....and,...no wonder,....the food was simply fabulous ! Deliciosly flavoursome and creatively presented.

I started with the Fois Gras from their 'specials' menu, homemade of course, accompanied by some very flavoursome onion granary bread, with side sprinklings of paprika and what I think was a chilli-salt,....absolutely delicious.

My partner had their feta-cheese in filo pastry, which, she commented was to 'perfection' !

For mains, I had an Entrecote steak, again from the 'special' menu,....I was looking forward to the lamb, but sadly not available that evening, however, I was not disapointed at all, having requested medium rare, it arrived with flair and flavour, accompanied by a selection of fresh vegetables served just as I prefer, slightly al-dente and a generous serving of pommes-frites accompanied by a small coupe of perfectly balanced pepper sauce and a few dabs of onion relish.

My partner enjoyed delicate scallops on a bed of onion mashed potato and a lighly dressed salad garnish, again, she commented on how much flavour was packed into what was really a quite simple yet delicate dish.

We finished with my partner enjoying a strawberry mouse on delicate cake base with a strawberry jus, and I had their homemade prfiteroles witha pistachio cream filling which was simply devilishly moresome !!

With a bottle of Chablis, two cocktails to start, two coffees and a grand Marnier to finish, the bill was still less than €150,....most excellent value in our humble opinion.

As we are also fortunate to enjoy michelin starred chef's on many occassions, our opinion is that it is clear why this bistro enjoys the high rating that it does from so many 'trip-advisors', and, one has to say so pleasing to see that the creativity of this establishment is clearly enjoyed by the chef and his team. This team reflect creativity in their food, with presentations to match starred recognition.

A great little gem, long may it continue & thrive. Should we have the opportunity, we will be back !

A great fnd and a great experience.

London, United Kingdom
“Great romantic meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My fiancée and I ate here on August 10th 2013. Although it was very busy when we showed up for our reservation we were seated immediately. We speak a little French which the waiter obviously appreciated but his English was impeccable.

For starter we ate the snails and pork Pâté which were not only perfectly prepared but also perfectly presented. For main We had the lamb and the steak tartare, again both were prepared and presented with perfection and to finish we went with the lava cake and profiteroles.

For €35 per person this was a bargain. The wine was a little more expensive than we usually pay but the quality was fantastic.

This is an ideal location for a romantic meal, I would recommend to all my friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Food