“Very nice indeed!” 4 of 5 stars

14 rue Pascal, 75005 Paris, France
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Forge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 13,133 Restaurants in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Laveen
“Very nice indeed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife, daughter, and I went there two nights running. We were so pleased with the food the first night that we had to go back. A small place with a very inviting interior. The staff was excellent. Attentive and knowledgable. The price was slightly higher than the countless Brasseries you will find, but the quality of food and service were much higher. They have a nice wine selection. The food menu has interesting starters and main courses. The deserts were excellent. We were in Paris over a week and our best meals were here.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful Ambience - Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Restaurant was reccomended by our hotel anrd was located only 4 blocks away in the Latin Quarter. We went there twice during our 7 night stay. The restaurant was small and very quaint. Owner and waiters spoke English and were very attentive, helpful in explaining the menu and proveided excellent service. There were many choices on the price fixed menu, with additional specials. Excellent wine list to choose from with a wide range of prices. We Definitely reccomend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“A must for traditional French food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife, mother and I visited La Forge as it was located near our apartment. We visited quite late at night and were greeted by a friendly waiter and seated near a handful of other guests, mostly French.

The restaurant is cosy and decoration is dated, but in a good way, and definitely fits well with the food that is served. There is quite a good wine list of French wines available.

For entree my wife and I ordered the trio of foie gras, one lightly sauteed with berry and pear, one sliced thinly and with honey on bread and one like a terrine with toast - all were different and tasted amazing! My mother had an entree of escargot with a creamy bacon and garlic sauce which I tried and was very tasty.

My mother had a lamb shank for main, which was cooked well and falling off the bone. My wife and I had duck, my wife the duck breast, cooked medium rare, with blackcurrent sauce and I the confit of duck. Both were completely different and so so good! The confit was nice and fatty but not too much so, and the meat fell away from the bone with little effort.

We didnt feel like dessert, however had to try some as the entrees and mains were so good. My mother had a pear and peach tart which she said was 'magnifique'. My wife had a great creme brulee and I had a very tasty nougat ice cream with a nice glass of port.

The waiter was very attentive and friendly and the chef came out to ask if everything was OK, chat and take out dessert order - the people, as well as the amazing food really made for a great night out.

The final bill came to only approximately 150 euro, which given the standard of the food, was a bargain for a three course meal with wine. Will definitely visit again and if you are after some well cooked French traditional, I definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lille, France
“nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went for dinner with a friend not long ago. The service was great and staff very friendly. The food and wine were excellent, would definitely recommend it!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Genuine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After two weeks in the Dordogne, we were curious about La Forge's "sudouest" emphasis. We found it genuine, delicious, gracious, friendly, and worth a bit of a walk (not far from the foot of Rue Mouffetard, off Rue Claude Bernard). Terrine de campagne is home made. Cassoulet was better than in the Dordogne. Wine list is reasonable and complete, not fancy. We agree that this is a great find. You can eat cheaper but not better.

• Visited June 2013