“A must for traditional French food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Forge

La Forge
14 Rue Pascal, 75005 Paris, France (Panthéon)
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Forge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 12,477 restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Panthéon
Melbourne, Australia
“A must for traditional French food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife, mother and I visited La Forge as it was located near our apartment. We visited quite late at night and were greeted by a friendly waiter and seated near a handful of other guests, mostly French.

The restaurant is cosy and decoration is dated, but in a good way, and definitely fits well with the food that is served. There is quite a good wine list of French wines available.

For entree my wife and I ordered the trio of foie gras, one lightly sauteed with berry and pear, one sliced thinly and with honey on bread and one like a terrine with toast - all were different and tasted amazing! My mother had an entree of escargot with a creamy bacon and garlic sauce which I tried and was very tasty.

My mother had a lamb shank for main, which was cooked well and falling off the bone. My wife and I had duck, my wife the duck breast, cooked medium rare, with blackcurrent sauce and I the confit of duck. Both were completely different and so so good! The confit was nice and fatty but not too much so, and the meat fell away from the bone with little effort.

We didnt feel like dessert, however had to try some as the entrees and mains were so good. My mother had a pear and peach tart which she said was 'magnifique'. My wife had a great creme brulee and I had a very tasty nougat ice cream with a nice glass of port.

The waiter was very attentive and friendly and the chef came out to ask if everything was OK, chat and take out dessert order - the people, as well as the amazing food really made for a great night out.

The final bill came to only approximately 150 euro, which given the standard of the food, was a bargain for a three course meal with wine. Will definitely visit again and if you are after some well cooked French traditional, I definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2013

96% Recommend
Adelaide, Australia
“nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went for dinner with a friend not long ago. The service was great and staff very friendly. The food and wine were excellent, would definitely recommend it!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Genuine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After two weeks in the Dordogne, we were curious about La Forge's "sudouest" emphasis. We found it genuine, delicious, gracious, friendly, and worth a bit of a walk (not far from the foot of Rue Mouffetard, off Rue Claude Bernard). Terrine de campagne is home made. Cassoulet was better than in the Dordogne. Wine list is reasonable and complete, not fancy. We agree that this is a great find. You can eat cheaper but not better.

Kinderhook
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This restaurant is recently (two Years) under new management. The owner / chef has made a big improvement. Excellent food, superb service make this one of the great finds in Paris. I guarantee if you go there once, you will return. For non Francophones, English is spoken and the menu readily explained. I have eaten here many time and have never been disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent restaurant for your Paris visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I took a group of 10 colleagues to La Forge during a week of business meetings. All thoroughly enjoyed the wine, enterees, plats, and desserts. "I did good." The service was attentive, the food was terrific, being cuisine of south France. Escargot, white asparagus, steak, duck and cassoulet were enjoyed by the party. Cerements brulee and chocolate cake were wonderful as well. Highly recommended for a great meal in Paris!