We booked this hotel through the eurostar and made a huge mistake by not reading the reveiws first! But even though most of the reveiws said the hotel was bad, we actually had a nice holiday. So, the good points are that....
1. the downstairs lobby area is really nice and very modern
2. our room was reasonably clean, it was ok.
3. the shower had just been renovated, and it was very nice and modern! I was very pleased with the shower!!
4. The people are very nice, they also had a really cute dog. But it was kept in the office.
5. We arrived at 10 in the morning and wasnt due to check in till 1 and the people were very nice and kept out suitcases for us. Moreover, we were very surprised when they kept our bags when we checked out at 12 as our train wasnt until 7 at night.
6. There were no bugs which i was very pleased about
7. We had a room with a window with a veiw from the street.
8. there was a table and chairs in our room too, which was useful.
9. Our beds were made everday, but I dont really know whether that means they were cleaned!
10. We were also provided with soap and shampoo
11. It is very close to montmartre which is a lovely area
12. there is a supermarket near
13. The free wifi!! That was so good!! I saved myself so much money!!
However there are a few bad points about the hotel
1. The toilet, it was okay. There was a small hole in the wall and the people in other rooms could see you. Also there was broken glass in the corner of one of the toilets, but it was fine.There was a toilet on each floor though which was good. Obviously it would be ideal to have a toilet in your room, as we had to run out in our pjamas in the middle of the night.
2. The sheets! Luckily we went when it was hot so we only used a sheet. However the blankets they provided us with had stains on them! But the sheets were clean.
3. The area was the worst thing for me! It was okay though if you just go out of the area! THIS AREA IS NOT IDEAL FOR A GROUP OF YOUNG GIRLS!! We had pervy men looking at us and making comments every time we went close to the hotel!
4. We got MUGGED on our last day at the METRO station!!! BEWARE! Buy your tickets first because they will target you!!! They saw we had our suitcases and they took advantage! They stole my friends purse, but luckily it only had 20 euros in it! Everytime we were buying the tickets from the machine they would take them! The security guard didnt even care!
Please dont let the bad things put you off!! Every other place we went to in paris was lovely! A man that helped us after we got mugged told us that the Gare du Nord is a very dangerous station.
Overall i would say that the hotel was fine. It wasnt fantastic but for the price you wouldnt expect much! The only reason that i wouldnt stay here again would be becuase of the AREA! But i would say that for a group of mixed youths or a family you would be FINE!
If you go on the first floor you are more likely to pick up the wifi!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.