“Modern hotel surrounded by tradition” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #84 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
“Modern hotel surrounded by tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Renaissance Paris is a modern hotel located within easy walking distance of the Arc de Triomphe. The staff were helpful, especially when accomodating an early 8am checkin after a 24 hour flight from Australia. The rooms were modern, clean and tastefully decorated. This is a great choice for Paris considering its close proximity to everything, including the metro, and affordable price.

• Stayed February 2013

879 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel. Our room was small but comfortable. Location was good.
Check in was easy. Our room was ready but my husband's request for a platinum member upgrade wasn't available.

Housekeeping did a very good job. Our room was prepared each day when we returned tired from a day of sight seeing.

Our morning breakfast buffet included because of our Platinum status was very good. The wait staff was always very helpful and quick with requests.

A few of things that bothered us. There seemed to be a lot of workers just standing around in the lobby. Not really helping people but chatting and laughing. The lobby also seemed to have an unpleasant odor. Lastly, on one of our afternoons we were resting. We did not put up the do not disturb sign. There was a knock at the door and we were not quick in answering. A young man entered our room. When my husband asked what he needed he said he was just checking to make sure all was well? Left me feeling uncomfortable. After that we had do not disturb up even when we went out for a walk. Something we usually do but had forgotten.

We have stayed at Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees & Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel in the past. Of the 3 I think I would chose Champs-Elysees or Le Parc Trocadero.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location by arc di tri and its metro station. Take yellow line a dew stops for louvre and a few more for notre dame! Nearby champ e shopping district. Im a gold rewards member so that always helps the hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Not sure why this hotel received so many positive ratings. I must be one of those few unfortunate ones who was not treated right.

I checked in late, around 10:30 PM, on a Sat. for my 5 nights stay and found out there was no pillow on my bed. I called customer service and went to front desk requesting for a pillow but no one showed up until 10 passed midnight with a squared euro sham and told me that it was the best thing they could do at that time. I could not argue after a long flight and it's either that or nothing. I wrote a complaint email immediately to client relations and asked to forward my email to duty manager or hotel manager. 2 days later on Mon. evening I received an apology letter from client relations rep. along with a complimentary bottle water. Can you believe that? When I asked again for a pillow they sent me another euro sham, instead of a sleeping pillow.

I don't know what kind of training the staff in this hotel was provided by their management but I am sure a five-star hotel anywhere in the world will not make the same mistakes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We started off our trip to Paris at the Renaissance and we couldn't have picked a better place. We stayed in a total of 4 hotels on our vacation and this was by far the best in virtually all respects! The location was amazing; just a quick walk up to the Arc and the Charles De Gaulle/Etoile Metro stop. There were several restaurants in the immediate area as well; even a Starbucks and a McDonalds for the fast food lovers. The beds were quite comfy as well and one of our rooms was over the Avenue which meant you could see the Arc out of the window which was neat.
The highlight of the hotel was by far its service. In particular, Clare at the front desk. She was gracious and sweet through our visit. An excellent example of this was when we arrived 4 hours early from our overnight flight and Clare was able to find a room for us right away (in a fully booked hotel). She was genuinely happy to be able to help us and we were most grateful. This continued when we checked out of our first room and into the 2nd one. she surprised us with an upgrade to a junior suite for "being so nice to her". She was simply lovely and the rest of the staff seemed to follow her lead.
All in all, this is an excellent property and I know my wife and I will be looking at booking it again on any future visits to the City of Lights.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Five nights early June on points. Check in by noon, good, but no concierge floor. Too bad, concierge lounge in europe is a great perk. Got free wi-fi though for marriott status. Room 327, I think the rooms are mostly all alike. Reasonably large, with v. small but usable balcony. We were on the side away from the street and it was very quiet. Safe, minibar, ice down the hall, friendly staff. Neighborhood was safe but never found a restaurant on the street to return to. The list printed out of recommended restaurants online is bizarrely off on distances to travel. The hotel restaurant is very good but has no formula menu. I had salad and lamb, which I liked. Wife had vegetable soup, which she didn't. No cabs outside the hotel, but a bellman can find one. We often walked five min uphill to a cab stand across from Arc de Triomphe. Don't jaywalk over to the monument. :-) I think Paris cabs are cleaner, newer and considering tip customs, less expensive than NY cabs. Otherwise, prices are a bit high here. Fitness center was pleasant, opening out on a veranda. Quibbles about Room 327: I couldn't control the temp in the room. I think the air cond is not on right now. (June). We could sleep with the sliding glass door open instead. Also, there was water damage on the ceiling above the sink, and what looks like mold up there. Always a polite staff. On getaway day bellman found us a cab and we are off to Versailles. Jim

Room Tip: rooms away from street would be quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel was in a great location. Just off of the Etoile down from the Arc de Triomphe. So many benefits, near line 1, great restaurants...more of a local feeling. Hotel has a modern look which was fine with us. Super customer service in every way. Happy people working here. We asked for a room facing the courtyard to avoid any noise from Avenue Wagram. Had a great room with a small balcony but very nice. The courtyard is interesting.....has something at the bottom of it that we did not explore called Salle Wagram. I don't know if it is part of the hotel or not. One night, they had a fashion show in the courtyard that we could have gone to (hotel left us an invite) but we chose to watch it from our balcony. The next night, a wedding in Salle Wagram. The courtyard was candlelit and it was just beautiful. The room.....huge considering you are in Paris. Great everything. No complaints whatsoever. Big room, great bed, large bathroom, balcony. We loved this hotel and will stay again not just because it was fantastic....you can't beat the location. If you are flying out of CDG, the Air France bus picks you up on Avenue Carnot which is just two streets over. We rolled our bags out early the morning we left, took a short walk to Avenue Carnot...well marked that it is the Air France bus stop. You buy your ticket on the bus...I think it was 17 euros one way. It stops at all terminals at CDG. It was perfect. We left before rush hour and I think it took about 30-40 minutes at most. If you know you are going to use the Air France bus both ways, get a roundtrip ticket from the driver, you get a discount. It picks up on Carnot and also over by the Lafayette Concorde Hotel. Just the reverse when coming from the airport.
So, thank you Renaissance...we will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel? Share your experiences!