“Sets the standard for all hotels, anywhere.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #87 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Boone, North Carolina
“Sets the standard for all hotels, anywhere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We chose this Marriott property because of its location to the things we wanted to do...Moulin Rouge, The Louvre, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower. A few days before we were to arrive we received an email from the hotel confirming our reservation. They also asked for our planned time of arrival. I responded, not expecting anything. Later that day we received a personalized email from the hotel staff indicating that they would do everything possible to have a room ready for our planned early arrival. When we arrived (about 11 am), they had our room ready. After we were checked in by Claire, who was so friendly, she personally escorted us to our room to make sure everything was ok. This morning, we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant (Makassar). The breakfast was included in our stay. It was great....fresh everything and again phenomenal service. Hermann, our waiter, was like a walking encyclopedia of Paris. He was patient and so eager to give us travel tips and helpful information. Each time we enter the hotel it is as if we are VIPs. Everyone greets us with a pleasant smile. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated with a refrigerator and coffee machine. The street-side "wall" in the room is actually a curved single piece of glass from floor to ceiling. It allows you to feel as if you are sitting on the sidewalk...just a few stories higher.
The walk to the Moulin Rouge took about 35 minutes. The walk to the Arc de Triomphe about 5 minutes. The walk to The Louvre was about 45 minutes. There are lots of movie theaters, restaurants and shopping within a 10 minute walk. And, for American travelers, a Starbucks and McDonalds about 2 minutes away. This is a GREAT hotel and we can't wait to visit again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

885 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently stayed here for one night, with a friend, and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel - in terms of location, comfort and friendliness. The staff here are so attentive, they have a very welcoming demeanor (which is hard to find) and are on hand to make sure you have everything you need.

The hotel lobby is spectacular, and with the location being just a three minute walk to the Arc De Triomphe and Champs Elysees, everything is right on your doorstep. Our room was gorgeous, with two comfortable double beds - and a bathroom kitted out with everything you could possibly need.

The breakfast spread in the morning was delicious!

If I had to be really picky, and fault one thing - I did think the hotel could perhaps offer free Wi-Fi in the rooms (it's already free in the lobby and bar area), as this is a modern amenity and in this day and age, it seems strange to pay for it. However, this is just if I'm being extra picky!

It's a gorgeous, modern and relaxing hotel - which is a breath of fresh air in the busy, bustling (yet amazing) city of Paris!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are in the trendy, hip crowd you will love this hotel with it's glass, mirrors, straight lines and good looking furniture thats uncomfortable except the bed of course..... The bed is well sprung and very very comfortable. If you are looking for cosy, romantic and a bit more traditional obviously find something to your taste...We stayed here as it is close to the Arc de Triomphe, all the public transport routes and more or less central. It was clean, fantastic staff and good food and drink but expensive. There is ironboard and iron and thank goodness coffee and tea facilities in the room but if you need a Starbucks its a 2 min walk from the front door to the right. Overall great but I personally prefer romantic,decadent and old Parisian charm.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the front side of the hotel as it looks over the street and fantastic for people watchi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Castries, St. Lucia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I selected the hotel due to its proximity to the Arc de Triomphe. It seemed like a good value for the amenities and features and I was extremely happy with my choice. The hotel is very clean and modern. I chose a larger room and was very pleased with the size of my room. The breakfast buffet was very good. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and all spoke perfect English (helpful to those of us whose French is awful). I ended up staying in two rooms as my flight cancelled due to snow. Both rooms were equipped with very nice overhead showerheads but some of the nozzles were blocked because of calcification. I rubbed my thumbs or fingernails over the blocked nozzles and most unclogged. In all, a very minor inconvenience. This was a great place to stay and I will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A lot of hotels in Paris are dated, but the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe is an exception. This hotel is very modern, and rooms are nicely decorated. The rooms are spacious, and tastefully decorated. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurants, but ordered room service for breakfast, service was quick, and the quality was good.

The hotel is only a few blocks away from the Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, and the Metro station, and there are so many nice restaurants and shops. For nearby restaurant, I highly recommend Guy Savoy, but you need to make reservations a few months ahead of time, especially if you want to go there for dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

my partner and I went to Paris to see the last stage of le tour. I had been to Paris 13 times and always stayed in a couple of hotels that I know and trust (I have learned my lesson hard way during my first a couple of visits to Paris that I just cannot venture to some "quaint" "historic" locations any more.). this time we wanted to stay close to arc de triomph. so we tried renaissance for the first time. because one of my regular hotels is renaissance vendome (still my favorite for its location and comfort), I knew i could not go wrong with a renaissance hotel in Paris. and the hotel actually exceeds my expectations. it is newly furnished with very comfortable bed. and service staff were very friendly. because I was a platinum member of Marriott, we got free breakfast which was very good. definitely would go back again.

• Stayed June 2012
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was located in a central location, the staff were very professional and friendly. The facilities were good as was the food.. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to travelers. While I was there it snowed and the surrounding area looked mystical..

Room Tip: The gym is on the ground floor, try to get access early in the morning...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel? Share your experiences!