“BED BUGS!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel d'Alsace

You added Hotel d'Alsace to your Saves list
Hotel d'Alsace
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85, Boulevard De Strasbourg, 75010 Paris, France (Entrepôt)   |
Ranked #1,746 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
North Carolina, United States
“BED BUGS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nasty hotel do not stay. All of our rooms had bed bugs. Towels that were falling apart or ripped. The hotel entrance is down an alley away from the main street. If you do not have children and on a budget (strict budget) maybe this is the place otherwise go somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

Seriously, that was the only redeeming quality to the place.

Luckily we didn't get lost as you can clearly see the hotel name from the street (we were across the street, and it was up high). We booked a triple room with a bathroom. The beds were FANTASTIC! I slept like a rock and the mattress had that firmness you only find in new beds.

Yes, they still loan you the remote upon check-in. :-/ Yes, they expect you to leave your room key with them as you leave and they want to know who you are when you come back (if they don't recognize you). Yes, there is some mold and water damage. Sadly this looks like an old building that just wasn't taken care of for a while.

After a day of travel, walking around and sweating, I want a bath or shower. I realize that not every hotel has a nice shower, but you at least expect something clean. I felt more comfortable in my own filth than I did showering in there. That's just me. My traveling partners didn't care much, and used the shower. I just couldn't make myself knowing I had a room waiting for me in Amsterdam the next morning.

The stairs are nuts, so you better be in good shape. Not recommended for the feeble. There are two restaurants immediately on either side of the hotel, so you won't have to go far to eat. There is also a metro stop a 30 second stop away.

For us, it was either stay there for 95 Euro a night, or spend more than 200 euro a night elsewhere, as there was some sort of convention in town. We selected this site based on price and proximity to train station and nothing more.

If you find yourself here, light some candles and play some old french music on your phone. Pretend you are in another time, and you can get through it.

Room Tip: Room 314 was a nice triple with firm beds! Just be prepared to huff your stuff up the stairs.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
DmitryLinkov
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

The receptionist is rude, even refused to show the room before payment. Reception area, room - everything was bad.

The only good thing about this hotel is location, but it's simply not worth paying any ammount of money.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

It is true that the hotel is very well located, a few minutes walk from the Gare de l'Est train station. The room was clean.
However the entrance was a bit sketchy and not obvious, the reception area tiny with a not very friendly receptionist.
I recommend only for a one-night stay for easy access from / to the train stations Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Wiesbaden, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE! The "professional" photos are in no way what the rooms actually look like. My husband, 5 year old and I booked a triple room here and upon arriving, had to go down a very sketchy ally way to reach the door. We were all cramped up into this tiny receptionist area and the receptionist wasn't very friendly. We were given a key and a remote (second red flag). When we went inside our room, it was a single smoking room and obviously in no way what I paid for. There were blood stains on the comforter and pillows, mold on the walls and pieces of the floor missing. I go down and ask about the cancellation policy. The "manager" then proceeded to tell me that the room I booked was non-refundable. I then began to explain how the room we were given wasn't even what I paid for so his argument was invalid. He then gave me the keys to another room and and upon entering that one (with the exception of one extra foot of space) it was the exact same! Blood stains and mold, missing pieces on the floor and the tv didn't work! I immediately went back down and again, I am not happy with him. He told me he didn't have a triple room available (one should've been mine since i paid a month in advance) and offered me a free breakfast instead (which by the way was still sitting in the sorry excuse for a dining room at 8 pm that night!). I then began to tell him that the size of the room was no longer the issue, it was the condition and the fact that I REFUSED to let my family stay in that disgusting, poor excuse for a hotel. I wanted to shower just standing in the room. I asked to check out. The sad part was there were 8 other people trying to check out at the exact same time as me due to the condition of their room! They still refused to refund my money even though I didn't stay even one night and we went to another hotel. I lost $400 on this disgusting hotel but no worries, according to my bank, this is false advertising and can be reported as a fraudulent charge!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our room was on the 5th floor, where we climbed up the narrow and dark stair case with our luggage. The room looked like something out of a horror film. I went to look out of the window and was faced with wooden shutters which were rotten. The bed sheet was covered in what seemed to be dried urine, and also had blood stains. The entrance to the hotel itself is down a close, where the reception is barely big enough to fit three people. The hotel just did not feel safe and was in a pretty shady area. My boyfriend and I both found it frightening, however it felt especially uncomfortable for a female. We could not stay there, so left to find another hotel. I would definitely not recommend staying here, pay a bit more and get somewhere that feels safe!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have just come back from a long weekend staying at this hotel. We were really disapointed when we arrived. We were on the 3rd floor with no view whatsoever. The noise from the alley way kept us awake all night. The only good thing about this hotel was the hot water from the shower. We checked out some other hotels in the area much nicer and found out they were of a similar price. However, we did not let this dingy hotel spoil our lovely weekend in a magical city. Definately would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel d'Alsace? Share your experiences!