“Good hotel considering the rates” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Parc Even
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 rue LaForest, 92240 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,434 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good hotel considering the rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you are visiting Paris on a budget, this is a great hotel. I doubt you will find a better hotel with these rates. When you're visiting Paris, all you need a hotel for is to sleep and shower (in my opinion). The rooms are small, the style of decorating a bit tacky, but everything is very clean! Beds are comfortable and linen and towels are clean. Showering is a bit of a challenge; the bathroom is tiny and will get wet since the shower unit is half open (no door or curtain). In winter or in summer I wonder how they manage the room temperature. I saw no heating or ac. I would imagine it can get very cold or very warm....
Hotel staff is superfriendly, even if you don't speak French. They try to speak slowly or speak English. The breakfast is good. I would suggest to skip all the prepacked stuff they have on the buffet and just have some croissants and baquettes that they will pick up fresh for you at the local bakery. The coffee is the best I had in Paris. The area feels safe, even at night. It's a residential area I guess. There is a lovely nature/organic store around the corner. Wonderful jams and cookies. The hotel is very close to a metrostation that will bring you to the centre of Paris in less than 15 minutes. A paid parking area is close to the hotel. All in all: Good value for money!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

booked check-in to this hotel a day in advance, because we'd be arriving in paris early in the morning and we wanted immediate access to the room. we even e-mailed the hotel directly about this arrangement.

when we got there, the receptionist said that the hotel was booked, and that they didn't receive any such e-mail.

good thing they referred us to another hotel, which was pretty good anyway.

too bad.. i would love to recommend this hotel, but with the check-in problem and the lack of experience staying here..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rolle, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Room was 10 degrees when we arrived. It never got warm. We bolted in the morning. God know if we will be charged for the second night. Never again, cheap has a new meaning for this rat hole.

Room Tip: sleep in your car, its better
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Marinha Grande, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

this is a modest hotel with a very affordable price. The rooms are small but comfortable and clean, with just the bathrooms. The stairs are quite steep making it difficult to climb, especially if it comes with bags.
in the vicinity of the hotel are cafes, restaurants, pastry shops and a market which is quite useful. the hotel is close to the subway, it takes 10 minutes to wax the center of Paris.
This hotel is a good option if you want a cheap hotel and do not mind the distance to the city center

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
ML
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Size of the room and bathroom is not big, but sufficient and well done cleaned. Some things (like door lock, wall plug, shelf in the bath, bath door) were broken. In bed is plastic sheet under the regular one. The only one problem is the noise, the walls are very thin and you can hear all the moves of your neighbours. If you want the hotel only for night because of sightseeing Paris and you get neighbours with all the night crying child......................... Hotel is very simple, staff (except one man) does not speak any other language except French. Price 60 EUR/double/night is ok just because of location. Underground 3 min, Eiffel tower 15 min by bike.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

Hi all,
My fantastic trip supposed to start perfectly but...there is always some "but". I was so Happy and excited about my romantic journey.
I have booked Hotel in the middle of August. I was written to pay since25.09 till 28.09.2008 (1 doulbe)
"Total booking amount: 188.47€
Amount already paid: 35.47€
To pay on arrival: 153.00€ "
By the end of August this Hotel charged my credicard whole amount 153e (so my hotel was already paid for my total stay). When final arrival date become I have called Hotel to inform that I will be late and if they can let me in after midnaight. During conversation I was told that I did not pay for my room, so supprised made a call to bank and confirm my charged creditcard if this is true. I got ref numbers for of transation(hotel paid) and was satisfied. We have been in hotel in very next day( flight was canceled) of course it was not even good condition and staff did not speak english(less then basic).Went to our room which was not ready yet, so we have wait 10 min untill sb clean it. Room was so small, you could not move. Bathroom was realy dirty, I could not even go under the shower without a towel I could stand on.I was not pleased but anyway we did not spend a lot of time over there couse we wanted to do sightseeing. To city centre we had 10 min with metro.Metro was around 15 min from this Hotel. After our 3 days stay was time to come back home. So delighted of Paris "aura" we flight away. Couple days later I noticed that my credit card was charged again. Contacted Bank -was told that this hotel is taking money from me. I went mad, contacted that hotel (no english) turns out they have so huge mess in their compuer and papers that did not even notice they charged me twice. Recepionist told me "I will be charged again couse I did not paid for room " That case is in progres, bank is investigating this, I have send them my emails and invoices. PLEAS BE AWARE OF THIS HOTEL.

Stayed September 2008

Been to Hotel Parc Even? Share your experiences!