Stayed here over Easter weekend with a bunch of friends for my birthday and had a really great time and would definitely go back again. Here are some positives and negatives:
- Really great prices for a hotel that looks as good as this one does
- Rooms are a good size, bathrooms are a good size and good, powerful shower
- AMAZING restaurant/bar: anyone who stays here HAS to have dinner in the main restaurant, or even if you aren't staying here you must go to the restaurant one evening - we were a group of 12 on friday night, the food is so good, the service is good, the restaurant is super cool and full of fun, trendy, young people but not in a pretentious way at all (open until 2am). They play hip hop music and later on there is a DJ also playing old school/current hip hop and you can get up and dance but not too loud that you can't still sit and enjoy talking to people - our table was right in front of the DJ and wasn't too loud at all. Our waitress (Sarah) was super friendly and sweet and very helpful.
- it is on the outskirts but you can get taxi/metro very easily
- really good breakfast that runs until 11am in the main restaurant area, which is also a fun place to be in the early evening for a drink before going out for dinner
- the rooms are dark…the walls are black and there isn't much lighting so in the evening this makes things a little difficult when trying to get ready! (but the bathrooms are white with decent lighting luckily). the rooms also have very little cupboard space - I was sharing a double room with my friend and had to pile my clothes up as there were only three very small shelves (one taken up by a safe)
- there is no room service or concierge i.e. if you are staying there and want the hotel to help you plan your stay, they aren't particularly helpful
- hotel is in the 20th arrondissement which is quite far away from the central areas of Paris (e.g. St germain, le marais, tourist areas by the river, Notre dame, Le Louvre etc) and there is nowhere to walk around near hotel so wherever you go, you do need to take the metro for about 20 mins or a cab.
However, all in all a very cool and fun place to be. I really loved the restaurant/bar and would recommend everyone to go there for dinner/drinks. The rooms let the hotel down a bit but to be honest, when you are in Paris, you are hardly going to be spending much time in your room!