We booked this Apartment online within 3 days of our stay. Staying in Rou Daru, it's about 2kms away from the main shopping area. There were limited services around the apartment (like a shop to buy bread / milk etc from.
Firstly - You need to log onto your email after you have booked to receive your instructions on where to pick up your keys. This means you DONT know exactly where you are staying until you arrive. We had 6 suitcases, two kids ... The easiest way to do this is to arrive by TAXI ... get your keys and then head off to your apartment. Lugging Bags and Kids around would be very hard !
* Within a 10 euro Taxi fare of everything you want to do in Paris
* Super Fast Internet - but the instructions are for people wanting to connect via Ethernet which is useless for Wireless / Tablet users... Details on how to connect to the wireless are actually framed on the wall (didn't think of that!) ... once connected we were impressed with the service.
* LCD TV and BluRay DVD Player
* Washing Machine - Detergent in the room .. YA !
* Good Kitchen Facilities
* Studio apartment had plenty of furniture - even if it was all IKEA :)
* Not so kid friendly - Some of our Window locks were broken so it was hard to open the windows ... Also when you do - being 5 stories high, there is no locks to stop your kids opening the windows and jumping out !!
* No Balcony for smoking ... I had to walk out of the apartment complex every time. I even got told off by the Janitor for dropping my butt on the floor outside ... no ashtrays / bins were provided !
* Bed was ok .. We had two pull out beds for the kids in the lounge ... ADULTS should not attempt to sleep on these !! They are designed for people under 60kgs .. the slats will pop out !
* Aircon was a portable unit ... so you HAVE to have a window open to give it the ventilation. No ceiling fans and it was pretty stuffy. I wasn't keen on having the windows open with no safety locks to protect my children from climbing up and OUT of them !
* Hard to find Bread / Milk / Food to buy around
If you do stay there, there is a GREAT butcher just 50 mtrs away that you can get some meat ... Kids had Bacon and Sausages for Breakfast ..
Check Out Time is 11am ... Non Negotiable - even though I tried ! Cleaner arrived at 10:50 and waited for us to leave - the pressure was on ! She only stayed for 20 minutes - so I'm not sure how much Cleaning they actually do outside a quick vacuum and change of sheets.
Book a taxi to get there ... and book a Taxi to pick you up when you are ready to leave .. it took me over 45 minutes to try and flag down a taxi !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Bridgestreet Champs Elysees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.