“Won't transfer calls to rooms” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Adagio Paris Bercy Village

You added Adagio Paris Bercy Village to your Saves list
Adagio Paris Bercy Village
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-7 Cour Du Minervois, 75012 Paris, France (Formerly Adagio City Aparthotel Bercy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40 %
Ranked #615 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Durham, North Carolina
“Won't transfer calls to rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

They say their phone system is broken and that they can't transfer calls to rooms. That means we are paying for outgoing international calls from the hotel room which are very expensive. Their phone system has been down since June 12 and this review is being written July 15th. Also skype is not an option because their wifi is not good enough for skype. Very frustrating. Otherwise, nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Location is in the Paris village of Bercy. A short Metro ride from central Paris. Metro cost 1.25 Euros (if you buy a Carnet of 10 tickets). You can ride from CGD airport to hotel with one transfer saving about 48 euros relative to taxi.

Hotel room was small. Fold into the wall bed. Upholstered chairs (2) had stains on them as did the carpet.
Upgraded granite counter top and ceramic floor tile in kitchen entry area.
Have to take your garbage to a disposal chute down the hall to get rid of it. There is a small breakfast restaurant that I don't think would be worth spending any coin on, rather utilize the grocery stores.

Stayed 10 nights, sheets and towels were never changed even though the literature said they would be after 7 nights. Didn't bother us that much though. Air conditioning max. cold I could achieve was 22.7 C = 73 F

A washer and dryer are available in basement area at a cost per load.

Hotel room had small fridge, microwave, and 2 burner ceramic top cooking elements.
2 supermarkets and 1 smaller convenience store within walking distance made our breakfasts super affordable, not to mention wine and beer for in-room and picnics.

Located near many restaurants, a huge park, stores, etc.

Free internet for me was on and off. I didn't utilize it very much because most of the time it said I was connected but my Ipod said it couldn't locate server.

Metro system is very easy to use and only about 1 block away. I downloaded an app that made it even easy simply enter your start and end points and it said what stations to change at. Bought a total of 3 carnets (3X10) of tickets for myself and wife to use (a total of 30 trips). No sense to taking a taxi in my mind.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I've stayed at the Adagio Hotel Bercy for three weeks while in Paris for work. The hotel is in a nice area - close to shops and restaurants, and there's good metro connection (line 14) to central Paris. I stayed in a studio which was extremely small. The bed was a Murphy bed - hard and uncomfortable. There were stains on the carpet, and the furniture - a small desk and two chairs - were rather wobbly: in need of repairs. When I've arrived, the phone in my room did not work and although I've requested numerous times to fix it, it was never fixed - after three weeks! The internet offered at the hotel is quite slow, and it went out very often. As I stayed there for three weeks, I needed to use the laundry. The hotel has one washer and one dryer for the entire hotel, and they, too, were out of service when I needed to use them. The magnetic key the opens my room door very often malfunctioned, and I was not able to enter my room - a problem experienced also by my colleagues who stayed at the Adagio hotel. Whenever there was a problem, the hotel staff was unhelpful - especially the evening staff. They did not offer a solution during the many times that the internet was out (luckily a colleague of mine suggested going to the hotel next door and asking to use their internet) . They had me make endless trips up and down when my room key did not work without offering to see what the problem was (finally towards the end of my stay someone diagnosed the problem as a weak battery). The standard response for any problem was - "try again tomorrow". I found the experience of staying at the Adagio hotel truly aggravating, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

LOCATION: My husband had meetings near the Bibliotheque Nationale so this location was ideal for him, and I was just tagging along on this trip. So he was there for business, and I was there for play. There is nothing touristy or exciting within walking distance of this hotel, but it is super close (like a 3 min walk) to the Cour St-Emilion metro stop (line 14, purple) , which can take you anywhere. So, if you are willing to stay outside of the touristy areas and navigate the metro, you can save a lot of money on a hotel by staying in the Bercy area. Also within walking distance is a nice park, a few bakeries, a Monoprix (supermarket), hairdresser, movie theater, and several restaurants and a bar. This was good because the metro stops running just after midnight on weekdays, but I wasn't always ready to call it a night, so I'd take the metro back to Cour St-Emilion and stop in at "The Frog," where they brew their own beer and have a very extensive drink menu and either club music inside or patio seating. The restaurants and bars are all together on a cobblestone street - so a word of warning to the ladies about wearing high heels!
HOTEL SERVICE: the front desk staffers were nice and their English ranged from decent to great - and there is someone at the desk 24/7. If you ask them where things are, they have map print-outs of the immediate area ready for you that indicate all the places I've mentioned.
THE ROOM: Wireless access is in the room - but it is VERY slow. I was able to surf the net, but had to have patience. Not as bad a dial-up, though! The room was clean and comfortable, but Americans will be taken back by how small hotel rooms are. It's just a European thing. We paid 99 euros a night here and the room I had in Trocadero with an Eiffle tower view at 300 euros a night wasn't any bigger. They are just small, so get used to it. Who plans on staying in the room anyway? I just want a clean place to crash! There is a small kitchenette which was useful because if you want a late night snack, everything will be closed. We went to the Monoprix when we first arrived and stocked the fridge with beer, wine, soda, and snacks. The kitchenette has all the essential dishes, including bottle openers. You do have to wash what you use, though - housekeeping won't do that. Central air was great, and I was able to control climate better than at most hotels. There was no outside noise, which was also nice. (In more touristy areas, it can be hard to fall asleep.) There is an iron and board in room. And I am super smoke sensitive and there was no smell of smoke anywhere in the hotel when I was there.
MY ONLY COMPLAINT WAS THE BED. It was a fold-down wall bed. I admit that sort of freaked me out, but it was very sturdy and there was no risk of it snapping back up or anything, which was my irrational fear. And actually, the bed itself wasn't uncomfortable really. It was a firm mattress but I can handle that. Really, it was the pillows that were disappointing. They felt like the cheap things the airlines give you on international flights. I was not a fan. Oh, and be sure to fold the bed back up every day. If you don't there won't be any room to maneuver. But the room is fine once the bed is up.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed at this hotel just for a couple of nights on a business trip in March 2011. First impressions of the room was 'where is the bed?!', after some searching turns out it is a pull-down wall bed. Quirky!!
Amenities were satisfactory. The bed was not particularly comfortable, and the bed spread consitited of a thin itchy brown blanket. The room was clean and spacious enough.
Breakfast was pleasant with a variety of food including breads, hams, cheeses, fruit, eggs, toast and cerials.
The location is probably the best asset I can award to this hotel, very close to Bercy village restaurants, bars and a lovely park.
Overall an average hotel, I would recomend it for a short stay as long as you get it for the right price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

My first impression of the hotel was cold and rundown. The rooms are so small and it has no view. I moved out in one night and we got a room at Kyriad hotel. Rooms r small here too but it has a balcony and the hotel is clean.And they r priced 20 euros less.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We've booked Adagio Paris Bercy 3 month in advance after comparing all and everything (price, kitchenette, double bed etc) and chose this hotel because we were arriving by train from Rome to Paris Bercy Station. The Hotel was a short walk and on Metro line that easily connected with historic center of Paris.

It amazing how city management of different cities tend to put brick on every sidewalk, and you have to rattle there with your suitcases on wheels. I wonder, how delivery persons feel about it? There is no road, only walking zone and all cobbled.

At the reception they were surprised to see us.
- But you have booked 3 months ago!
- So you must have enough time to prepare the room?
- Your reservation is canceled.
- By whom?
- Your credit card is not valid.
- Here is confirmation letter.
- Hmmm, we are full, there is no vacant room anyway.

After a nice conversation like that different remarks started to appear.
You will have to go to Ibis hotel around the corner and in 2 days you may come back here. But there is no kitchenette there. We have to talk to our manager, she is at the meeting, wait till noon.

We sat down in the lobby and I sent an e-mail complaint to booking.com. Then phones started to ring. We were offered tea/coffee. After about half an hour waiting the lady from reception approached us and admitted their mistake. Than they sent us to a different property on the other side of Paris - Port de Versailles. We had to go on subway with all luggage on the stairs. At Adagio Port de Versailles they took us to a another friendly property - Aparthotel Paris XV.

They kept the rate we booked for, gave us 1 free buffet breakfast and a bigger suite for 4 people. However, there were no double bed, TV had no sound, wifi internet was so slow that we only could use the e-mail. We wrote an e-mail to booking.com (in English) and in 12 hours got an answer in French.

We lost half a day and ended up in unfamiliar region of the city, and we lost another half day adjusting our plans. 1 day out of 4-day visit is a big loss.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Adagio Paris Bercy Village? Share your experiences!