“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau

You added InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau to your Saves list
InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 avenue Marceau, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #337 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable and sheets were soft enough for my taste. The bed is a bit plushy though, but I like it a bit on the softer side. The pillows are amazing as well.

The service in this hotel is also amazing, especially for Paris. The staff were very polite and professional, and they were always willing to help you out for directions or advice on where to go.

The area is a bit dead at night, but the location is fantastic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IC_Paris_Marceau, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comment.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that you have felt very comfortable in your room.
We would like to thank you especially for your comment about our staff.
We are indeed very focused on how to welcome our clients and make them feeling valued guests so your positive comment is the best reward we could expect
Be assured that we are all looking forward to welcoming you

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
Ventura, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Intercontinental right near the Arc de Triumph. What a pleasure! Wonderful staff, great location, good food and a room with a window view of the Arc de Triumph and the Eiffel Tower. Not to mention a Nespresso machine in our room and a mural on our ceiling. Stay here and really enjoy Paris!

• Stayed January 2013
IC_Paris_Marceau, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us. It is true that the Arc de Triomphe is located a few steps away only from our Property.
Thank you especially for your comments about our staff. As being a boutique Hotel, our goal is to build a tailor-made service and to deliver our “in the know “ advices regarding the city and nightlife

We all look forward to welcoming you back

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I thank the staff, especially Natasha who took my booking at the last minute and managed to provide the best possible room. The staff, especially concierge Michael needs to be commended for his great knowledge on sightseeing and restaurants. Rooms were very clean and better spaced then most rooms in Paris. Location was in Champs Elysee and was a good location to most sightseeing. Great Service all round! Only one comment is that being a Gold Ambassador I did not really enjoy the benefits as per other Intercontinental chains - Club.

Room Tip: Executive type rooms are good sized.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IC_Paris_Marceau, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments.
As being a member of our loyalty programm we specially appreciate tthat you have taken the time to share your feedback.

Be assured that your positive comments about Natasha and Mickael will be shared with them

We are glad to read that you have been given your upgrade according to your Ambassador Profile

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Pietrasanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Apart the great location and the beautiful building with interesting and super moder design, what really makes this hotel special is the staff. I was really really surprise of the kindess, attention and pro-activness of every single person that works there! Really enjoyed the experience, including Nespresso machine for a pre-breakfast in bed :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IC_Paris_Marceau, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.
We are indeed very concerned about delivering a tailor-made service to our Guest so we are more than happy to read that you enjoyed the way we welcomed you.
The nespresso machine are at our guests disposal in any room category and it is true that some of our clients are fond of having a coffee break on the pillows.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed two nights this time from 28-30 December 2012. We are both Platinum Ambassadors and used one of our Stay 2, Pay for 1 weekend night certificates that we receive each year. They also correctly charged us for the first night, which was 40 euro less than the second night as the certificate states. I did notice a second charge of about 10 euro on my statement a week later so I contacted the hotel by email. Within 12 hours, Anne on the Reception team responded and credited my account back due to a minibar charge that was made in error. I only drank the coffee and took the tea, and both of those are free. They were very prompt and did not dispute my statement that we used nothing from the minibar, which we didn’t. On our arrival, they were preparing for a fire alarm drill so the elevator was not working. They insisted on carrying our bags up the stairs and apologized for making us walk up the winding staircase with many stairs since the ceilings are so high. I got my exercise for the day. The elevator worked the rest of our stay. We received a double upgrade (we are guaranteed at least a one level upgrade because of our Ambassador status) and were in Room 307, which was slightly larger than our previous room although the view was of the courtyard, but I prefer a more comfortable room to a view since I don't look out the window all night. We also received two large bottles of complimentary water and some fruit for our status. This room had everything the other did plus a small sofa. In Room 204, there was only a very small space between the two closets and the writing table, but this room had about a foot (30 cm) on each side, which made the room over 1/2 meter wider. The bathroom also was a little deeper by a meter (yard) or so. Strangely, they changed brands of toiletries from Hermes Paris to Agraria San Francisco plus there was a small bottle of Colgate plax mouthwash this time. I have noticed more and more that hotels are including mouthwash these days with the amenities. Again, these amenities were top notch, but it makes me wonder why a Parisian hotel would switch from Paris to San Francisco for their offerings. We had a king sized bed this time so no falling through the crack. There was also an individual serving coffee machine. We received 4 servings (1 decaf), and on my request, they restocked the second day. I didn't take these like I do tea bags and such; we actually made coffee. It would be difficult without the machine anyway! All of the staff was friendly and helpful except the time we entered when they were changing shifts late the second evening. They weren't rude, just preoccupied. I called the front desk a half hour later and requested a late checkout and was treated well. This is another perk for our status so we stayed until about 13h30 (1:30 pm) but could have stayed another half hour or possibly longer had we asked. The concierge, Mickael, was very professional and let me talk French. He helped me find a restaurant for lunch just across the river from Place d'Alma. We wanted to stop at the Georges Duboeuf wine shop after lunch so I wanted something that would bring us by there on our way back. He was just very well versed in his position, neatly dressed, and smiled continuously. We also enjoyed the conversations with one of the doormen, Jean Luc, who entertained my partner with restaurant and other Paris talk while I was talking to the front desk or the concierge. The desk staff was great as well except for the one time mentioned. They kept calling both of us the same name as the reservation was not in my name, but the aforementioned concierge, Mickael, remembered my name as well after I gave it to him for the restaurant reservation. I look forward to another visit on a future trip to Paris.
Also, please try (reservations most likely needed) the restaurant that I found on TripAdvisor, Chez Gabrielle at 7 Rue Etoille in 17th Arrondisement tel (33) 01 43 80 23 01 , located within easy walking distance. I am certain that the concierge will assist you with reservations and directions (or cab).
In summary, the main highlight of this hotel is being greeted by name as you pass by or ask for assistance. I have stayed at 3 other Intercontinentals and did not receive this personalized recognition except from one person in Chicago. My 24th visit to Paris won't be my last, and I plan to be back, probably in the next 6-12 months or sooner as Paris always has something fun and new to discover. I always enjoy wandering the neighborhoods, checking out new restaurants and revisiting others. visiting a small museum, talking to Parisians in restaurants, shops, hotels, and more--the list is endless....Paris is unique and always offers a new memory. Merci Anne, Mickael, Jean Luc, and the entire team for a fantastic, personalized, welcoming experience in the City of Lights!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IC_Paris_Marceau, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We can not thank you enough for your comment.
It is indeed the greatest reward we could expect !

As being a Boutique Hotel, we are trying to learn what are the personnal and individual needs or services our Guests could request for and it is true that we are really fond of making their stay unforgetable

We are very pleased to read that Mickaël has been able to provide the service you needed
We would like to thank you especially for your comments about Jean Luc.

Our Porteurs and doormen are indeed the First Hotel Contact for our guests and as being so, it is very important that they deliver the same level of service than any other Hotel department

Regarding the amenities, since August 2012 it is mandatory for any InterContinental Property to provide the Agraria Brand.
It is now a worldwide standard whereas before every hotel was allowed to choose his own brand and Fragance.

That is the reason why before August 2012, we were providing Hermes, IC Athens was providing Korres, IC London Park Lane was providing Molton Brown etc…

We would like to thank you sincerely for your comment and be assured that we are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The location of this hotel can't be beat -- excellent access to the many must-see sights of Paris. The breakfast was pricey but very good and worth the cost. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room, # 404, was tiny, but comfortable. The bathroom sink had a drainage problem. And though the front desk insisted what we were hearing was the wind, we were absolutely convinced mice were keeping residence between the fashionable canvas drop ceiling painting and the ceiling. The drop was obviously secure against the ceiling so we didn't worry the critters might pay us a visit, but when all was still in the room, especially at night, we could clearly hear them scurry about the canvas. My Sweetheart even used a camera tripod to poke at the fabric and chase the critter back into the wall. I've never heard such clever wind in my life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IC_Paris_Marceau, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have spent to share your comments
As being a 5 stars property, you may know that we have to follow a large number of very strict processes especially for all the matters referring to health or hygiene.
All these audits are done by an independant company which is the best way to assure a full respect of the Health and Hygiene rules

As our property has opened less than 5 years ago and as we have more than 85% occupancy on a whole year, we truly think that should there be any critters or mice, we would have been informed before and several times by our valued guests and we would have noticed some

However, be assured that we will take some immediate actions and we will find from where and how this noise has occured and we will solve any technical problem
Strongsville, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The people really made this hotel very enjoyable. While like may hotels in Europe, the rooms are a lot smaller than we are used to in the States, however it was very clean and the bed was excellent.

The room is a bit cramped, and there is not much room to hang clothes etc... just a couple of "bureaus" no closets, and the bathroom door is a bit unusual too. It is a bit pricey, but honestly almost everythiing in Paris is.

the location is excellent within walking distance to the Arc de Triomph and Champs Elleyses, actually it is convenient to a lot of things. There is a great area by the big Ferris wheel at the end of Champs Elleyses. that has many street vendors within a short 10 minute walk.

I felt that the people of Paris that we met were generally friendly and this Hotel staff was very helpful.

We did not eat at the hotel restaraunt because it appeared to be very pricey. I will not go therre again, because one week in Paris was enough for my wife and I, not because this hotel was "bad".... it was nice to see all of the sights, but now, we have "been there" and "done that"....

Room Tip: The rooms are small.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IC_Paris_Marceau, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to wish you a happy new year !
We would like to thank you very much for your feedback about our Property
We are glad to read that you have felt how our staff is helpful and dedicated to our guests.

It is true that european Hotels are generally smaller than US hotels and that is the reason why several room categories are proposed.

Should you want to come back, be assured that our Concierge team will be more than happy to suggest you several hidden places that you have probably never heard about but which are really worth discovering for a second or third trip to Paris

With our warmest regards,

Been to InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau? Share your experiences!