“A lovely setting in Montmarte...complete with” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Plumeau

Chez Plumeau
4 place du Calvaire, 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)
01 46 06 26 29
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Chez Plumeau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,446 of 13,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
“A lovely setting in Montmarte...complete with”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

nice French music to create a nice atmosphere. Stopped here for lunch while visiting this area of Paris and enjoyed our lunch. Good service and really such a respite from the famous square nearby which is overrun with tourists. My guess is it would be fun at night too. Consider this restaurant for a nice lunch or dinner when visiting Montmarte.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milan, Italy
“good food out of the crowd in Montmarte, Place du Tertre area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was with my wife and 2 teen daughters. I don't like the Place du Tertre in Montmartre: too false, too touristy area. However I couldn't skip it since it was my daughters' first visit to Paris. We were looking for nice spot for photos over Paris at the sunset and I found by chance this place. It was hidden, away from the nearby crowd and noise and there was a nice and picturesque atmosphere with huge gnarled tree. At first I had the impression that the restaurant had an "alternative" style completely different form the nearby Place, then I was a little bit disappointed when a couple with an armonium started to sing traditional French songs (there were 4 young guys playing good jazz on the terrace creating a great atmosphere, but the waiters send them away when the restaurant show had to start). the food is good and the dishes are prepared with care. Be careful: they told us that menu was all french, but my daughter realized too late that "wok de poulet" was a chinese dish and this spoiled her dinner (but this is a matter of taste, the quality of the food in any case was good). I may recommend Parmentier de canard. Wine list seemed to be expensive. We ate with 120€ (but only half bottle of wine). It looks like they bring tap water to the Parisienne, while to the tourist they serve bottled water for 6€. If you cannot pretend to be a Parisienne, at least ask for tap water. If you have to eat in Place du Tertre area I recommend this place

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Solid Meal and Good Value in Montmatre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I came here in our honeymoon and we both thought the food was solid and a very good value. We each ordered two apps (the escargot was delicious) two entrees and a dessert and each dish was very good. The creme brule for dessert was also fantastic.

They had an outdoor area for eating although it was chilly so we ate inside. The menu was all french but the waiter did an excellent job explaining the dishes. Overall solid meal and good value

• Visited September 2013
Torino, Italia
“Nice location but the food can be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The location is indeed atteactive, in a small streed just behind the Place du Tertre in Montmartre, one of the most attractive place in Paris. It offer nice outside tables also.
It's quite expensive, but this can be considered normal, being in that place. However, I accept to pay if the quality is good and definitely the food could have been better: nothin original and not so well prepared.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Hidden in plain sight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I love how this restaurant is such a short distance from the uber-touristy Place du Tertre but although popular, does not have that touristy feel that you get elsewhere in the immediate area. The atmosphere on the terrasse is picturesque with the gnarled 200 year old (so I was told) tree in the center and the cello player out front, at least during lunchtime.
We arrived towards the end of typical lunch hours and rather than have a multi course meal, we shared the foie and a cheese plate. Both were delicious as was the bottle of Sauterne we ordered.

• Visited August 2013