“Enjoyed the meal and learning about French culture” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 729 Activities in Paris
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us lead you on a creative & cultural journey where scents, tastes & displays come together to generate long lasting memories replicable in the comfort of your own home. Many ateliers to choose from: Market Shopping & Cooking, All About Cheese, Pastry Atelier and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Escondido, California
11 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed the meal and learning about French culture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My husband and I had a great experience with Laura in her home cooking studio. She met us at the Metro stop and took us to the market to pick out the fresh ingredients for our lunch. We had artichokes, pork loin with applesauce and mashed potatoes, with a pear-chocolate pastry for dessert. Lunch was served with wine and was absolutely delicious. With only one other person in the class, we got individual attention as we peeled, chopped, seasoned and arranged our dishes. Even my husband who doesn't really cook at home enjoyed the class. Laura is very knowledgeable and has lived in many different countries, but her French heritage gives her a history of French cooking which makes the class very entertaining. I highly recommend this experience of learning how to cook some wonderful food and learning more about French culture.

Visited March 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great information, great food, great company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

So much fun! My 20 yr. old daughter & I thought this would be an interesting addition to our trip since we had experienced European markets years ago when we lived in Brussels & love to cook (not a requirement). We are so glad we did. We met with Marie Helene (our "chef"), and the (2) Heathers (Aussie Heather & Bostonian Heather), as well as a friend of Marie Helene who came along to assist. Headed to the market & talked about the menu on our way. Talked to the vendors and got the freshest ingredients. There was a discussion about something at the Meat vendor and Marie Helene ordered a sample so we would not only know "wha"t it was but were able to taste it as well. We were welcomed into her home and we started in, right away. We not only enjoyed a fabulous meal (very simple to make-I've since duplicated most of it at home with no problem) but our discussions were invaluable to the rest of our Paris adventure. Many conversations about things to do, things not to miss (from our hosts as well as from the two Heathers, who'd been in Paris for quite a bit longer than us) and mini-French lessons. Great information, great food, great company and a whole lot of laughs! We ended up feeling as though we had been friends for years sharing experiences and enjoying a meal together while doing it. Actually left with one of the other participants and shared a 15 minute walk to a not to miss museum recommended by one of our hosts.

Visited January 2011
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“GREAT cooking class with Laura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

In Paris, I recommend cooking classes with Laura at A World In A Pan http://www.aworldinapan.com/ This was my second time around and it was just as fun as when I went to Paris last year. Laura adapts the menu to the seasons and our tastes (my husband can't eat shellfish) because we chose the ingredients during the farmers' market tour. We learnt some easy and delicious dishes (like clafouti aux poires) and had it on a BEAUTIFULLY set table in her spectacular dining room with a balcony.

Sorry I don't speak French!

Visited January 2011
Houston, Texas
“A beautiful day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

What a beautiful day. Pat and I truly enjoyed everything from food to everyone's company. If we ever come to Paris again we will definitely do another class

Visited November 2010
Tampa, f
22 attraction reviews
“Really great class with Laura!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I took the market and cooking class with Laura in early November and it was excellent. It was a very small group and we visited the local market, selected a menu, prepared the meal and then ate together. Laura was very helpful and provided all sorts of information about Paris, the markets, and French cooking in general. It was a very fun morning/afternoon and I'd recommend it highly! Her apartment is lovely and it was a great experience, all for a reasonable price too. She also helped me pick out some cheese to take back to my apartment while at the market. I'd take another class on a return trip to Paris.