“Excellent service and a tasty meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Rotisserie

La Rotisserie
19, quai de la Tournelle, 75005 Paris, France (Hôtel-de-Ville)
33 1 43 54 17 47
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hôtel-de-Ville
Madison, WI
“Excellent service and a tasty meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I were staying in an apartment a few blocks from La Rotisserie, so we opted for dinner on a Friday evening (with a reservation). We arrived a few minutes early (7:00 pm) but were promptly seated with a view of the 'rotisserie' on which several chickens, ducks and other cuts of meat were being prepared. My wife opted for the coq au vin while I had a rabbit dish - both were excellent. We also shared a half bottle of wine while I had an entree and my wife had a very generous creme brulee - really large enough for two. There were a few large parties present and a number of couples - not packed but not many empty tables either. The restaurant was lively and attractive, the service attentive, the view of the kitchen interesting and the food well-prepared. I note that a few recent reviews complain that the restaurant is not what it once was (it must have been fabulous), but our experience was very satisfying for the modest price of 75 euros. Yes, you can eat cheaper in Paris, but what's the point of visiting if you can't enjoy a good meal?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Georgia
“Great Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had dinner on our anniversary and enjoyed the roasted chicken with potatoes though it was a bit pricey and the cheapest thing on the menu at 19 Euro. Staff was friendly and service was good for Paris. They were able to communicate in English. Knew we were in a great place when a Food Network chef came strolling in with his family and friends!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mundelein, Illinois
“Memorable birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by friends that live in Paris so we chose it to celebrate my husband's birthday. We dined on a Monday night so the restaurant was not busy. The service was impeccable and the food was terrific. We had the marinated mushrooms as a starter, I had the coq au vin and my husband had the steak with pepper sauce. We also had the creme brulee for dessert. Absolutely no complaints. Would recommend it to anyone. The resident cat, Beaujolais, was a nice touch!

Visited June 2013
Oakland
“Over Rated,Over Priced and Over Cooked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

A pleasant touristic crowded cafe that represents itself to be related somehow to the Tour d'Argent. It is called a "rotisserie" because that is how many of the meat offerings are cooked.
We wanted to experience the best lamb ever and so ordered the "Lamb Shoulder" for 2. I was very explicit on how much I wanted it cooked-"rose +". Which translates to medium rare. What we were served appeared to be some shank or other part, definitely not the big succulent hunk of shoulder.
All traces of pink had been cooked out of it - it could be described as medium well to well done. There was hardly enough for two, and at 62 euros, whatever cut it was, was a rip off. The wine list was good and fairly priced. The "Floating Island" dessert was mediocre.The service was very slow, especially when we asked for our bill.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Not What it Used to Be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to this restaurant 15 years ago and it was one of our favorites, so we decided to return and were very disappointed. We made a reservation because last time it was packed, but this time the restaurant wasn't very busy. The first night in Paris I ate at a Rotisserie restaurant recommended by my hotel and had delicious flavorful, mouthwatering chicken (which I will include a review on), and eating here was disappointing because the chicken was undercooked and bland with no flavor. The service was slow. The bread was delicious and the presentation of the chicken with mashed potatoes was good. Enjoyed the old cat who hangs out here. Will definitely not come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere