“like to eat used gum? this is your place.” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Medina du Marais
77 rue des Gravilliers, 75003 Paris, France (Notre Dame / Marais)
01 42 72 71 53
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,628 of 13,133 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Neighborhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Neighborhood: Notre Dame / Marais
london
“like to eat used gum? this is your place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

This was the most disgusting dining experience I have ever had. First, my vegetarian soup came with meat in it - they took it away and said they would 'make it vegetarian' -- I opted for a salad instead so they would not have to go to the trouble of making the soup. They brought out 4 leaves of lettuce a hard boiled egg cut in half with heaps of mayo all over it and slammed it in front of me and another person.

I did not eat the salad but did not complain because I was with a group and did not want the person who chose the restaurant to feel badly. Next, an empty platearrived for my cous cous which had a piece of chewed gum right in the middle of it! I thought it was a cashew or something and picked it up and nearly puked. I showed it to the waiter/manager and he just started pointing fingers at the people at the table saying that with so many people it was hard to know where it had come from. We were shocked.

I asked him to take it away and asked for more bread for the 4th time -- since several of us had not really had anything to eat yet -- while half of the table was nearly finished. The cous cous came and again the two of us who were vegetarian found meat in it. The dessert never came and the mint tea tasted like oregano. Eventually he told us there was no more bread - but we could see it so I got up and grabbed it myself.

I only did not walk out without paying because I was with new colleagues. But the last straw was the bathroom. There is only one and it is small and the urinal is next to the sink. The outer door does not lock so when I came out of the toilet there was a man with his pants down.

The one person staff paid more attention to a very drunk group of men (the only other customers) and seemed to be friends with them in spite of the fact that they broke several dishes and some of them smelled absolutely horrible when they walked past our table.

I could almost see why this place must once have been cozy or cute but now it is just a dirty, overpriced place to be treated like crap.

• Visited January 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Paris, France
“One of the best tajines...!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

One of the best tajines...!!!