“Bridgestreet, Paris 50 Rue Copernic - DON'T USE BRIDGESTREET!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri

Save Saved
You added BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri to your Saves list
BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   14, rue de Berri | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #96 of 121 Specialty lodging in Paris
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Bridgestreet, Paris 50 Rue Copernic - DON'T USE BRIDGESTREET!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This has been the most disappointing service apartment experience possible.
1st: Unmatched details of the apt - Booked 2 bedroom with 2 bathroom facilities. They gave us ONE toilet and ONE bathroom.
2nd: The electricity failed after the first night. We called the switchboard operator MANY times (called so many times we lost track) and they kept giving us empty promises on when the technician is supposed to come.
3rd: We waited from morning till 6.3-pm (still waiting...) for the technician to turn and he didn't. Plumbing didn't work as there will not electricity.
No one seems to know what is going on, we had to repeat ourselves over and over to many operators. Truth is there is NO HELP at all. Please save yourselves a terrible holiday by not using Bridgestreet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my first time booking on Bridgestreet since my usual Paris haunt did not have availability. Booked via booking.com and payment was debited from my card within a few hours. I did not receive any communication from Bridgestreet. Waited for 48 hours and decided to call Bridgestreet directly to obtain details as to where I had to go to collect the key. The representative was very helpful and explained that a detailed email would be sent before the close of business that day. Received the email as promised. It indicated that the key of the assigned apartment would be left in a mailbox at a given address. Details would be included with the key as to where the actual apartment was located.

On the day of our reservation, at 4pm, my family and I traveled to the given location at 31 Rue Daru. Easy to find address and the key and welcome pack were exactly where Bridgestreet said they would be. The address of the apartment itself happened to be at 31 Rue Daru (the location is not listed on this site, however, since I made my booking at the Rue de Berri location, I thought I would include my review here).

The building seems to be renovated, and has 6 floors. Each floor houses one apartment. The neighborhood is safe, practical for the metro (it is 50 ft away) and very accessible on foot to the Arc de Triomphe, Avenue de Wagram, and Place des Ternes.

The apartment was not accessible by elevator, since it was out of order. The trek up the narrow staircase to the 4th floor provided quite a workout. The elevator was fixed during the second day of our stay. Not a big issue.

The apartment was spacious. It included a large living room with a sofa-bed, and a dining table. The kitchen with bar overlooked the living area and included all amenities needed to cook. We had two family dinners at 'home'! A flat screen tv, DVD player and internet were provided.

The phone requires payment of 50 euros to be used; we did not use it. It would have been practical to receive incoming calls, however, no number was provided.

The television was great and included over 400 channels in every possible language. The access code for the wireless internet was invalid. We were able to connect with the lan cable into a laptop. Not ideal if you're not toting your computer with you!

The separate toilet and laundry room (washing machine only) were in the hallway. HUGE DRAWBACK: No toilet paper was provided.

The bedroom was on the other side of the unit and included an en-suite bathroom.

Everything was clean, well appointed, and it really felt like we were living in Paris.

For the price paid, we were satisfied with the accommodation. Bridgestreet could improve their ratings and reviews by possibly focusing on the small touches (the toilet paper!!!) and making sure that everything in the apartment functions. Despite the few hiccups, this was a first Bridgestreet experience, and it will probably not be the last.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

28 rue de Ponthieu is not on Trip Advisor yet, so I am writing this under the Berri location for now. I have just returned from a weekend in this property with 4 friends - it is a 1 bed apartment with a sofa-bed in the sitting room. BridgeStreet initially mucked up the booking, despite the fact that the accommodation had been booked last October with a specific request for proximity to the Champs-Elysees. We were downgraded from a 2 bed with sofa bed to a 1 bed with sofa bed and single bed and not enough cutlery, mugs or glasses for everybody. A discount was not offered and BridgeStreet were very reluctant to give a discount when approached, resulting in unnecessary negotiations and hassle in the week before departure. The apartment itself was fine albeit small for 5 people. However, the rooms front a minor crossroads which during the day is quiet, but due to the late night bars and night clubs along this road is a noisy location at night. All night Friday and Saturday night (c1am - 7am) the noise from the late night party-goers was very loud (there is no double-glazing). In addition, through the night the road and crossroads outside was solid with traffic with a lot of horn blaring, which is impossible to sleep through. If you are in Paris for the late night social scene, this apartment will suit you. If you wish to sleep at night, do not stay here. I would not use BridgeStreet again and would not recommend them or this apartment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nantes, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We arrived in the morning in Paris, hoping that we could leave our luggage in the reception and there was NOT any sort of reception in the hotel, so we had to go to one of the train station to store our luggage. Then, we went there to pick up the key. It was VERY disappointing to find out that our actual apartment is about 3KM away from there, so we needed to catch taxi (Extra cost) to go to our actual apartment. The advertisement was VERY VERY misleading. They put 14, rue de Berri on the website, but that was only a key pick up location. For the price that I paid (thinking that it would be very close to Champs Elysees), this accommodation is not worth it at all. Not mentioning that the instruction sent to me via email was confusing.
I ordered 2 studio rooms and we were given 3 bedroom apartment instead. They did not tell me or reconfirm if I wanted that kind of apartment, because I obviously booked 2 studio rooms. I called them in the morning asking if we can check in earlier, but they did not tell me if they have decided to change our accommodation type. Plus, after all the difficulties, we arrived in the apartment and the Free Internet did not work and I called their customer service and all they said was "Sorry, Internet is broken and nothing I can do about it".
In short, I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. I was very disappointed because the advertisement was misleading. Lucky I only stayed there for one night, but this has caused me so much trouble.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lagos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

After staying in 2 lovely hotels in the South of France, I decided to book an apartment for our 1 week stay in Paris. It was not what I expected, or rather, the apartment was not what was presented on the website (as Berri Street).

1 - Wrong description: What you see is not what you get. The apartment I got was not on the website. I only found out when I collected my keys from a safe deposit box at the Berri Street location. BridgeStreet states it does not guaranty a particular apartment, but it fails to state what exactly you are getting. No need for unpleasant surprises. p.s I did go into the Berri street building (lifts were not working and their apartments were on the 3rd/4th floors! The buildings have high ceilings so this is a fairly long walk up).

2 - Our apartment was round the corner from Berri street. It had 1 bathroom and 1 toilet only. The website failed to mention this "minor" detail. It had a refurbished kitchen (the only nice thing about it). The wooden floors must have been a couple of centuries old (they squeaked so loud even when we tip toed around at night). The furniture was very basic Ikea mixed with some 'antiques' (read - 'old'), and lighting was generally insufficient.

3 - Only one set of keys to the 2 bedroom apartment. I requested for an additional key and was told there was non. Yet a handy man, cleaner and 3rd party agent all came with their own set of keys to the apartment!

4 - Which brings me to the next point. We had people viewing the apartment (I was told the landlord had given instructions to sell or rent out) and maintenance visits also on our 1st day there. And all without prior notice. I called the office and they apologised.

5 - I requested for additional cleaning at my cost (there was no cleaning within my 1 week stay) and was told there's a shortage of cleaners).

6 - I requested for a late checkout (as we were supposed to catch a 10pm flight), and was told this was not possible because the cleaners could not come late. But when I offered to pay for the extra night, it suddenly became acceptable.

7 - On the day we were supposed to check out, someone 'intruded' at 9am (again, let themselves in with a key) - while check out time was at 11am.

BridgeStreet was a total disappointment. We had to move into a 4* hotel nearby for the last couple of days (as stay could not be extended at the apartment) - so at least we'll leave with nicer memories of Paris. But as I walked away from this experience, I could not help but feel sorry for the next guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
conn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Avoid this at all cost. 1st of all the address in all booking sites 14 Rue de Berri, is not where the actual place where you will be staying. This is a location with just a lock box to pick up keys to the actual apt. It could be near or far from this location. We were given a place about 15 mins walk from 14 Rue de Berri. which we had to walk with luggage and small children through the busy Champ Elysees. No map or direction was included with the key envlope. There was no 'guest manual' in the apt as to how to connect to wi fi or use the TV. We were there for 3 nights and TV did not work at all. We callled their office, somone was suppose to come and fix the TV, it did not happen. Once day we returned after a long day of sight seeing there was no water coming in the bathrooms or kitchen!!! The door lock was really bad. It would get stuck every time and we/kids stood in the corridor till we jiggled the key several times to open the door, This is not for 1st time Paris visitors.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This apartment was amazing. We had 6 people and It was huge!!!! We had a living room area with a couch that folded out into a bed. Three other bedrooms with each with a double bed. The kitchen was fantastic. Very modern with everything anyone would need to cook. if you needed to. It had three bathrooms. One small one with a toilet and a sink. The 2nd bathroom had a toilet a sink and a shower. The 3rd bathroom, off the master bedroom had a huge tub and a separate shower and a sink, but no toilet. The small balcony overlooked a cute Paris street. The balcony could only hold 2-3 people at a time, but was nice to step out onto to get some air. The location was great. We were about 2 blocks from the Champ Elysee. It was very close to restaurants and little stores and shops. This was a great place for our family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri? Share your experiences!