“Poor...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri

Save Saved
You added BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri to your Saves list
BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   14, rue de Berri | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #93 of 118 Specialty lodging in Paris
Lagos
“Poor...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

After staying in 2 lovely hotels in the South of France, I decided to book an apartment for our 1 week stay in Paris. It was not what I expected, or rather, the apartment was not what was presented on the website (as Berri Street).

1 - Wrong description: What you see is not what you get. The apartment I got was not on the website. I only found out when I collected my keys from a safe deposit box at the Berri Street location. BridgeStreet states it does not guaranty a particular apartment, but it fails to state what exactly you are getting. No need for unpleasant surprises. p.s I did go into the Berri street building (lifts were not working and their apartments were on the 3rd/4th floors! The buildings have high ceilings so this is a fairly long walk up).

2 - Our apartment was round the corner from Berri street. It had 1 bathroom and 1 toilet only. The website failed to mention this "minor" detail. It had a refurbished kitchen (the only nice thing about it). The wooden floors must have been a couple of centuries old (they squeaked so loud even when we tip toed around at night). The furniture was very basic Ikea mixed with some 'antiques' (read - 'old'), and lighting was generally insufficient.

3 - Only one set of keys to the 2 bedroom apartment. I requested for an additional key and was told there was non. Yet a handy man, cleaner and 3rd party agent all came with their own set of keys to the apartment!

4 - Which brings me to the next point. We had people viewing the apartment (I was told the landlord had given instructions to sell or rent out) and maintenance visits also on our 1st day there. And all without prior notice. I called the office and they apologised.

5 - I requested for additional cleaning at my cost (there was no cleaning within my 1 week stay) and was told there's a shortage of cleaners).

6 - I requested for a late checkout (as we were supposed to catch a 10pm flight), and was told this was not possible because the cleaners could not come late. But when I offered to pay for the extra night, it suddenly became acceptable.

7 - On the day we were supposed to check out, someone 'intruded' at 9am (again, let themselves in with a key) - while check out time was at 11am.

BridgeStreet was a total disappointment. We had to move into a 4* hotel nearby for the last couple of days (as stay could not be extended at the apartment) - so at least we'll leave with nicer memories of Paris. But as I walked away from this experience, I could not help but feel sorry for the next guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
conn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Avoid this at all cost. 1st of all the address in all booking sites 14 Rue de Berri, is not where the actual place where you will be staying. This is a location with just a lock box to pick up keys to the actual apt. It could be near or far from this location. We were given a place about 15 mins walk from 14 Rue de Berri. which we had to walk with luggage and small children through the busy Champ Elysees. No map or direction was included with the key envlope. There was no 'guest manual' in the apt as to how to connect to wi fi or use the TV. We were there for 3 nights and TV did not work at all. We callled their office, somone was suppose to come and fix the TV, it did not happen. Once day we returned after a long day of sight seeing there was no water coming in the bathrooms or kitchen!!! The door lock was really bad. It would get stuck every time and we/kids stood in the corridor till we jiggled the key several times to open the door, This is not for 1st time Paris visitors.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This apartment was amazing. We had 6 people and It was huge!!!! We had a living room area with a couch that folded out into a bed. Three other bedrooms with each with a double bed. The kitchen was fantastic. Very modern with everything anyone would need to cook. if you needed to. It had three bathrooms. One small one with a toilet and a sink. The 2nd bathroom had a toilet a sink and a shower. The 3rd bathroom, off the master bedroom had a huge tub and a separate shower and a sink, but no toilet. The small balcony overlooked a cute Paris street. The balcony could only hold 2-3 people at a time, but was nice to step out onto to get some air. The location was great. We were about 2 blocks from the Champ Elysee. It was very close to restaurants and little stores and shops. This was a great place for our family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

On arrival at rue de Berri, the entrance door to the apartment block had cardboard instead of a large pane of glass - we didnt feel very safe. We were on the third floor, in Bridgestreet 7, with a lift shaft but no lift (with two small kids!). The paint was pealing off the walls and the wood was crumbling off the windows. The fridge smelt so bad we could not use it. The wooden floors had mostly black stains from water damage/damp. The washing machine was not working properly. There was alot of noise at the front of the appartment and this prevented sleep. The helpdesk was of no help and did not even return our call. We were really disppointed in this apartment. The location is very central but ultimately a dirty, noisy substandard appartment and definately not worth the money!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bruxelles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Booked already many times with the Bridgestreet team from Paris and they are realy nice and professional.

Depending on the appartment, my appartment was very well with 2 bedrooms, nice kitchen and 2 bathrooms. There are also some studios

Double bed is in fact 2 beds, so when you like to sleep in the middle, you are not so comfortable

Some people may like the area of Champs Elysees, but not me. Only tourists, very expensive restaurants, missing the typical Paris restaurants where local nice people go. Very near line1 of underground

I take these appartments because I travel a lot and bored of hotels

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

The studio was for 4 persons, it was really nice and clean and equipped with everything a person needs. the location is more than amazinggggg it is just 1 minute or less from the Champs Elysees. it is perfect for the price.

The only negative thing is that we went in winter and the room was too heated like a Sauna but it is good for someone goes there for a sleep.

I would definately recommend to anyone

Room Tip: take summer clothes to stay with in the studio as it is too heated in winter
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Novotel Paris La Defense
We had a late booking of 4 nights on waiting for the fıfth. Since we were happy enough to find a room we didn't expect much tried to enjoy our vacatıon wıth our kids. On the 4th day I approached a receptionist and asked for a confirmation of next day which she did and told us we could keep the same room. Next day we went out and enjoyed the day only to find out that we didn't have a room anymore. I couldn't prove that my stay was confirmed by a certaın receptıonıst because we found out that thıs receptıonıst was all of sudden termınated. They never claimed responsıbılıty and accused us for lyıng. It was a very bad approach and very unprofessıonal. The receptıonıst I quarrelled wıth ıs Thıerry-shıft maneger......He should learn how to deal wıth customers ın a more professıonal manner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to BridgeStreet Champs Elysees - Berri? Share your experiences!