“Revisiting an old friend.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'inedit Cafe

L'inedit Cafe
4, Rue taine, 75012 Paris, France (Reuilly)
+33143432180
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Reuilly
Paris, France
“Revisiting an old friend.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We used to live right next to this place, and ate there all the time. Refreshing to return a few years later on our wedding anniversary, and nothing has changed, including the price! I still can't understand how they offer such great food at these prices when compared to... well everywhere else in Paris!

Same friendly, relaxed atmosphere. It was like that feeling when you go home, for us anyway :). A "Confit de Canard" each, followed by a shared "fondant au chocolat", and we were smiling.

Now if only they could open another restaurant in Puteaux!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
“Great local gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is the opposite if a tourist spot. Great food, friendly wait staff, and very reasonable prices.

Seattle, Washington
“An unpleasant surprise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

L'inedit had been recommended to me by some folks from Paris, and I'd seen rave reviews online, so I was really looking forward to our visit, but it was a total dud.

The mojitos they served us tasted like cough syrup.

The rice in my dish was plain, white, and flavorless. The chicken my girlfriend got was actually quite tasty, but not nearly enough to redeem the rest of this train wreck.

What a shame!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Paris
“Don't miss L'Inedit, Paris 12th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

How often can you find such quality and quantity at this price in Paris ??? with a good choice of menus and plats du jour, classic french food. Pleasant covered terrace rue Taine, not far from Daumesnil. A few tables in the very quiet rue de la Lancette. Cosy, friendly, warm atmosphere inside the restaurant, full of young clients. Equally young servers.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, UK/Vancouver, Canada
“A little out of the way...but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

L'Inedit will always be 5 stars in my book. I first started going there in 2005 when I lived in Paris and have visited many times since then. When I recently visited again in 2012, I saw it hadn't changed at all (besides a fresh coat of paint on the walls perhaps!), a very good thing indeed. Where else in Paris can you get duck confit for 9 euros? A steak frites for 10 euros? Even a kir (my favorite drink in France!) is only around 3 euros. I was very happy to see that the prices have not changed one bit in 7 years - making this an extremely affordable and wonderful 'gem' of a restaurant very well worth seeking out. Service is quick, perhaps a bit brusque at times - but a true Parisian experience it is.

• Visited August 2012