“Friendly staff & great food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le comptoir des archives

Le comptoir des archives
41 rue des archives, Paris, France (Hôtel-de-Ville)
01 42 72 13 56
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,753 of 13,456 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Bar, Brasserie, Café, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hôtel-de-Ville
“Friendly staff & great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We had great meal here. The staff were most helpful in accommodating us with our 2 young children. Friendly staff and great food. Would definitely recommend a meal here.

Manchester
“Great service, food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed eating here. Food was great as was the friendly service and all at a great price too. One the dishes we decided to share rather than have one each andnthis was not problem. Had a wasp fly into a glass of wine and before we turned the staff had taken it away and replaced the glass of wine without a second thought. Would definately recommend for a relaxed lunch or dinner. Never felt rushed - we were able to have a goodbchat and watch thenworld go by!

Chicago, Illinois
“Unexpected Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

This little restaurant offers great food, with great service at a great price. We have been there twice on this vacation and plan to go back again. The macaroni with truffles is amazing. Highly reccomend this place.

Boston, MA
“Very crowded, very, very crowded. Good. Very, very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We found this place while wandering around looking for a decent place to eat in Le Marais. We were rewarded with a tiny table in a cramped restaurant. My wife had macaroni et truffles and I had Entrecote (a steak) with potatoes and a glass of wine. We liked it so much that we sought it out several days later. My wife went for a repeat and I had the Poulet (chicken) that came with salad and mashed potatoes and a Leffe (a brand of beer). The staff was wonderful. The other guests that arrived were rude, claimed our space as their own and if the food hadn't been exceptionally good might have been cause for concern. A seat outside might have been easier. If you can handle the crowds, the food is marvelous. The price was very reasonable, too: lunch for two was about 35 euros. Also: they understood our meager French and rewarded it with solid English.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Excellent in its class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

It is a neighborhood bistro, and we got to like it very much on several visits over two different trips. We had guests and took them there, too. The menu focuses on charcuterie and a few other dishes, but everything is prepared so well and it's all fresh. It's true what others have said: relaxed service, great people watching, room to move around. I can't remember what my husband had, either, but neither of us usually eats red meat and we were both happy with our choices (I do believe he managed to find a vegetarian option). I have to say I broke down and had the steak tartare (I bend my rules when in Paris) and it was really, really good. The pommes frites are excellent. One day the special was salmon tartare, which my daughter ordered, loved, and I got to taste. Yum.

Service is sprightly, wine list is good and not expensive, they're so flexible with everything (including if you come in a bit earlier than most French people do, for dinner). Our sense of the cost was that it was on the lower end of the places we tried in LeMaris - not all the way to fast food prices, but for a bistro, very well priced.

• Visited June 2011