We stayed a the Hote Imperial in Ajaccio for one night at the end of our 10 day hike in Corsica. Based on previous Tripadvisor reviews and the rate we reserved at, we were expecting something special and nice.
The lobby / recepetion area is nice. Staff were very friendly and helpful. On our way to the rooms, we passed through the upper room near the restaurants where there was a strong musty smell.
Our room was quite small but functionally layed out.
There was no safe.
The carpet was very stained in many places.
When you open the cupboard, the front edges on the shelfs are exposed particle board like you would see in a one star hotel.
The Wifi worked well
The lock on the room door was very flimsy.
The breakfast room was large and bright and looks brand new.
We were suprised to see yoghurt, cheeses and all you can have OJ and coffee, so the breakfast was pretty good value, although it was not a full "English Style Breakfast".
What we liked:
- Staff friendliness
- Reliable Wifi
- Bed was fairly comfortable
- Breakfast room and breakfast generosity
- Replace room carpet
- Refurbish some room items that make the room look like a one star hotel room
- Improve the lock on the door
- Add a safe
If returning to Ajaccio, we will make a good attempt to find better quality rooms for the price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Ajaccio
- Hotel Imperial Ajaccio, Corsica