In general, a good Ibis but they miss out on top marks because of a few really stupid mistakes in their planning:
1. You can't enter the (payable) car park until you have checked in. When I arrived it was pouring with rain, but there was no call button at the car park entrance, as is normal at every other hotel car park I've used. Instead, I had to abandon my car at the car park entrance (blocking anyone else from entering or exiting) and make the 50 metre dash round to the front of the hotel in the pouring rain. Not a nice way to arrive at a hotel.
2. None of the non-French TV channels were working. The TV displayed the channel name (BBC World, CNN and at least half a dozen others) but there was no picture on them. Maybe they didn't pay their subscription?!
3. We wanted to take breakfast, but gave up as the breakfast area was so small, there appeared to be a queue for tables. Next to the breakfast area is a large lounge area, which seems to be almost unused. A strange allocation of space.
So, a nice clean, comfortable room, but let down by some basic poor planning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Troyes Centre hotel is located in the city's historic centre, close to the Town Hall, numerous restaurants and a cinema multiplex. 5 km from the airport, the hotel has 77 air-conditioned rooms, including 3 adapted for disabled guests, a bar serving snacks 24/24 and private covered pay parking. For your conferences and seminars, you can book 2 meeting rooms. Wifi wireless Internet access for guests on a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Ibis Troyes Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Troyes Centre Hotel Troyes
- Accor Troyes Centre