“Not bad, not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of L'Apostrophe

L'Apostrophe
Place Drouet D'Erlon, 51100 Reims, France (Centre Erlon-Est)
Improve this listing
Ranked #82 of 321 Restaurants in Reims
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre Erlon-Est
San Antonio, Texas
“Not bad, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We just picked this since it looked neat. Nice atmosphere, service average and food average. Bathroom was disgusting. Unknown liquid on the floor and toliet paper all over. Almost made me want to hold it.

Shrimp appetizer was good, salmon - so/so and my husband liked the ravioli with prawns and vegies, just alright.

Cod was nice, salmon was nice, both with risotto. Stay away from the flank steak, I believe my son is still chewing it. Filet was nice.

Desserts vanilla with chocolate sauce, creme brulee and chocolate cake all delicious!

Visited December 2013

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Very Good Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We called in to L'Apostrophe for a nightcap on our way back to our hotel. It has a cosy, relaxed atmosphere. We would certainly return for drinks if we are in the area again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Myrrhee, Australia
“Salad on a cheese plate???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I loved the look of this restaurant, our table was great, very cosy booth style.
Entrees were really good, but it went down from there.
My husband had duck for his main, which was good and I had lamb tagine that was very bland and was served with a ridiculous amount of flavourless cous cous.
To finish I ordered the cheese plate and much to my horror, the beautiful cheese were served with a dressed salad with a portion of butter on the side. I asked the waiter when it was served what the butter was for as there was no bread or biscuits or anything to put the butter on and he just shrugged.i also asked for a wine recommendation to match the cheese and the waiter kindly obliged, it was an awful match!
When the waiter came back to clear the plates, I again mentioned the butter and he said it was for the bread "oh didn't you get any" said with a smirk!
We paid and left bemused, never to return!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Menu but Queues too Long”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was recommended to try this restaurant by my taxi driver and I went to check it out; the menu looked great, with an international selection. However, the crowd was insane and the queues were too long. I waited for a bit; was told by the waiter to sit at the back and wait for them to let me have a table. However, for more than 20 minutes I was not called; some people who had entered after me were already seated! Plus, I saw that there were many vacant tables. I could not explain why. I also felt a tinge of racism as I am Asian. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Upscale with french style jazz band”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very nice restaurant. Food was quite good with a typical French choice of dishes. Prices were midrange and up. Good wine selection and you get a good size glass of wine. Service was very good. There are many different restaurants to choose from in this area, and I would probably try some others, but would also recommend this restaurant.

Visited November 2013