“Do this - it's a great day out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raw France Champagne Visits

Raw France Champagne Visits
26 Place D 'erlon, 51100 Reims, France (Formerly RAW France Champagne & Wine Tours)
+33 6 72 81 68 24
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Activities in Reims
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide an authentic experience visiting our small family champagne house and vineyards. We want to teach you about champagne whilst letting you discovery the wonderful Wafflart-Briet champagne. We carry out half day tours to our small champagne house in a tiny village not far from Reims. All of our tours are private and so you are able to ask as many questions as you want!
Iceland
“Do this - it's a great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have wanted to do a "Champagne tour" for a number of years, but when I researched it for my Parisian trip this Jan it all looked like a lot of buses and groups of people. Then I found Rachel and her RAW France Champagne Visits and it was exactly what I was after. A sort of boutique operation where we saw the village of Sacy and surrounding wine growing parcels (a term I learned on the day) as well as the lovely Wafflart Briet family house and Champagne making operation. Rachel is a delight and we learned a great deal about champagne making and other local trivia and now feel more educated sippers of the golden bubbly. We also visited the Taittinger cellars, which Rachel kindly arranged, and that was a treat as well.

Visited January 2013

Liverpool
“Raw France Champagne Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

What an amazing experience! It's taken quite a long time to submit my review but better late than never! I had booked two day tours to see as many different champagne houses as possible and I thoroughly enjoyed my time travelling around the Champagne region. Rachel was an excellent guide and nothing was too much trouble. We visited many houses and Rachel even managed to book a private tour of Krug. Wonderful champagne and a brilliant guide! I have already booked two more days in July!

Visited July 2012
firstreviewqwert
10 attraction reviews
“Fun eye-opening tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We took the bullet train from Paris to Reims and it was a comfortable 45 minute ride.
Rachel picked us up from the train station and gave us an introduction to Reims.
Then we went into the village of Sacy and Rachel gave us an in depth tour of the Wafflart-Briet Champagne House.
We got to see the vineyard, meet the family that owns it, sample champagne, see the cellars, storage, and equipment used to make the champagne, and have lunch.
It was so much fun to learn about the process, and how the whole region works together to distribute champagne. Rachel was a pleasure to spend the day with and I highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Visited January 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Definitely worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary in Paris, and this was one of the highlights for us! Rachel was able to tailor our champagne tour perfectly, allowing us to make the most of our day in the Champagne region. Learning about the history of the region as well as the social and technical aspects of making champagne in the small village of Sacy was very interesting, especially while tasting the wares over a ploughman's lunch.

Rachel was also able to take us to the nearby town of Epernay to join a group tour of one of the major Champagne producers there. Our tour day ended back in Reims with an extended champagne tasting session at one of the champagne bars there. If at all possible do not skip this part of the tour, as it gives you a real opportunity to appreciate the range of champagne styles and the individual characteristics of various family-owned labels. As a result I'm now a big fan of 'blooded' rosé champagne. I only wish that these smaller champagne labels made it here to New Zealand!

If you are travelling from Paris for the day, I recommended catching the TGV train from Paris to Reims, arriving at 7.58am. This gives you the opportunity to have breakfast at a boulangerie and see the Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral before meeting Rachel. We departed Reims for Paris again at 8.15pm and while this makes for a long day, there are plenty of excellent cafes and restaurants to have dinner at. You won't regret it!

Visited November 2012
10 attraction reviews
“An absolutely wonderful start to our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We just came back from a month long vacation in France a week ago. Our first morning in France, Rachel picked us up at the train station in Reims and thus began our wonderful visit with her! We fell in love, not only with the Champage region, but with Rachel and Sacy. She did a beautiful job of educating us and enchanting us. The food and the champagne was excellent, and generous! The whole day was so unbelievably fantastic! It is hard to put onto paper the natural and very authentic love that Rachel has for what she is doing; sharing her knowlege of champagne with others. We had such an amazing day with her!

Visited November 2012