Given previous disappointments at this hotel I booked in May this year for one night to stop on our return from the South in September. I specifically reserved the Duplex Suite (there are only 2) as it is a nice big room and has a bath - most rooms now only have showers and very limited wardrobe space. We arrived at 1.45 pm to be told - room won't be ready for an hour - not great after an 8 hour car journey. We sat in reception right next to the desk. The main refurbishment was to this area and its rather bizarre as its all based around Alice in Wonderland with lots of figurines and books - no idea what the link is to the hotel. After an hour of waiting I approached the receptionist again who agreed that the room was indeed now ready - how long she would have left us there is anybodys guess! Then I am told that due to a supposed 'flood' the night before I can't have the room I booked 4 months previously but will be given a 'family' room and a refund! The family room has 2 beds and at least did have a bath with a shower - however no shower screen or curtain! The sink was disgusting - dirty and very scratched and chipped - clearly the recent refurbishment only touched certain areas! Another new look for the hotel are pillows with signs that say 'soft' or 'firm' - very quaint but blimmin uncomfortable whichever you choose. Next morning I finally got my small refund but only after convincing them that we really didn't have breakfast as they seemed to have indicated on their computer! Will definitely be seeking alternative accommodation for future trips.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Reims City Hotel
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Reims City Hotel Reims
- Holiday Inn Reims
- Reims Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished in 2013, the hotel Holiday Inn Reims Center combines the sophistication and comfort of a hotel.Ideally located in the heart of Reims, near the Place Drouet d’Erlon, you may walk to the main monument of the city : The Cathedral. When thinking of the new design of the Holiday Inn Reims Centre, the architect got inspiration from this majestic edifice. Its symbol, the rose window, is spread throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Reims Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.