I stayed at the Royal Champagne for one evening during a week away on business. The rooms were lovely and very comfortable, and the bathroom was just great and very luxurious.
The porters were a bit scruffy and there did not seem to be enough of them on hand and quick enough to help everybody with their bags to their rooms. The building is quite dated and very much like a house converted into a hotel. It is smaller than I had imagined, thinking of Royal Champagne and grandeur - I had overestimated the Royal here! The reception staff were great however, and the night time reception / concierge were great in helping me fix a taxi for the next day to get me to the airport. Note - that Epernay is a 2 and a half taxi drive to Paris CDG airport and costs up to 400 euros!! Not for the poor or faint hearted - trains do not run well at the weekends so consider this if you are not driving through France.
We dined at Moet et Chandon. Again stunning grounds here but disappointed on the service and the food. When visiting Royal Champagne you are paying for the region more than the accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Land of Champagne and of the king of France has given its name to our Hotel, a historical and authentic house, surrounded by some of the most prestigious French vineyards. Your stay among us will be full of a thousand and one daily delights:champagne tasting, dinner in our gastronomic restaurant, visits to local champagne cellars, excursions to Reims and Epernay... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Splendia, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Royal Champagne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Champagne Hotel Epernay
- Royal Champagne Épernay
- Royal Champagne Hotel Épernay
- Royal Champagne Epernay, France - Champagne-Ardenne