“Sublime!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lyon, France
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Exquisite food, excellent service and an impressive wine list made me return to this restaurant 2 nights running. I cannot sing this restaurant's praises highly enough. The Filet de boeuf Rossini, pommes de terre « rate » et ail confit which comes with a pan fried foie gras is the closest thing to heaven I have ever tasted. The regional wines recommended by the Maitre d' are a perfect accompaniment. I am only sorry that I cannot spend more time in Tours to sample more of Le Baccara's dishes.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Spain
“A nice corporate identity can be misleading.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Le Baccara Restaurant Bar-Club in Tours.

I was not given the wine to taste... The lady in black was... I am jealous!

I was just served the one which the waiter recommended, and I agreed: Vouvray (Cabernet Franc). I cannot distinguish any flavour characteristics worth mentioning. The taste of alcohol is too strong leaving no trace of other notes. Finish of... alcohol.

I order a second glass, since I do not like the wine and I am not a drinker, I am a taster!
Sauvignon Blanc from the Touraine region. Tasty, good Sauvignon Blanc romas and flavour characteristics.

Food: Scallops. Excellent!
Fish. Mille feueille? Well, the fish was too dry, the asparagus and the green beans were well cooked and crunchy. The fish, could do with less time in the freezer (my guess), or in the pan.

I finished my wine halfway a through the meal and NOBODY asked me if I wanted a second glass (I would have said yes! and to a third one, possibly as well).

No dessert, but yes to a digestive. Between the options, a poire Williams, frankly good (or is it very good?) I actually think it is very good. Will ask for the brand.

My opinion about the restaurant? One very professional waiter (the quiet one) and one too flirty, trying to impress the lady sitting across from me (a wine critic? I do not think so). She could look like one, but of course, she diverted all his attention from me, just because I am wearing the 'wrong' clothes? I am sure wine and food critics dress in black suits, always!

I think I a going to ask for dessert after the digestive he will probably have a fit :)

No chance. I am being totally ignored. If you would ask me, I do not exist and I am not sitting in a central table.

Yeap, I hope all his efforts get a reward, if not, he has definitely got it all wrong. Just brought a 'courtesy of the house' to the lady in black... Right clothes!

He has totally given up on me (despite of being here writing my review..). I am going to pay anyway! I am ALSO a client, please do not ignore me!!!

Waiting to be asked if I want anything else, it has been over 25 minutes, I will give up on the dessert, just get the bill and get out of here. Schnell!

Oh dear, and they continue to flirt!!! Oh la la

It s definitive, I will pay and get my dessert elsewhere.

Still here and waiting... 34 MINUTES OF BEING IGNORED! I know I should be used by now, but this is way too much. EVEN I, am loosing my patience. Unglaublich!

I finally get his attention and ask for the bill. At 21:34 I put my credit card in the table. Let's see when I get out of here...

The service has been so horrible, disguised as 'professional' that this would NOT be my restaurant... 21:39 and ticking...

21:46... he just drop a bottle and I am sill here (and my credit card) I give up, will leave the cash and leave. Enough suffering for what was supposed to be a nice, pampering meal.

• Visited May 2013