“Tremendos...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Abrantes, Santarem, Portugal
“Tremendos...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was there recomended by" la concierge" of hotel l'univers.
It s a value to price reasonable experience.
The food is excellent .
I took a daily menu with 3 plates and I ve had the right of some additional degustation.
The service is tremendous. The adequate attention in the adequate moment.

Try it

Jv

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you like quality stuff, this is the place to go.
My hotel had no restaurant and they gave me 2 names of restaurant nearby,I stopped at the first one just because the menu looked nice.I picked the St Jacques and for main course the Ris de Veau Aux Morilles (sweetbreads with morels). It started with a nice aperitif and delicious "amuse bouche" something lobster,something shrimp.. The St Jacques came and t was very nice with small pieces of apple, garlic and a bit of bacon in a lovely jus. I didn't choose the vine, my plan was to have a glass of white with the starter and a glass of red with the main. The waiter picked..and picked really well.
Then came the sweetbreads, first bite I nearly fel it was the best I ever had. Crispy, tasty , lots of flavour with the mushroom. I can still taste it while typing this review. They opened a 1/2 bottle of Chinon to give me a glass of red. The combination was so nice that I end up keeping the bottle and order a cheese tray to finish.
I travel every week from Dublin to Europe, as a French man I love my food and I have to admit that for once I had a great experience and I would love to come back. I hope you will have the same experience, enjoy it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“outstanding food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were told by our hotel next door this was a wonderful place and they were correct! We tried to eat without reservations with no luck so make sure you call ahead! The food was so exquisite and wonderfully presented .
We chose to go with a fixed course menu and we all three ordered something different to try it all. From the start it was impressive and from the fish to the dessert and coffee it was perfect!
It is across the street from the train station so make a trip from wherever you are to eat here. I am in France twice a year and its the best French food I've ever eaten.

London, United Kingdom
“Good quality food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

L'Odean was recommended to me by a local as one of the higher quality restaurants in Tours. The quality of the food was indeed excellent. The portion sizes from my point of view were perfect to enjoy the dishes on offer without becoming uncomfortably full. I should warn you however that if you have any ‘big eaters’ in your party, as we did in ours, they may be left wanting more. We chose the 3-cours set menu at €33 which was good value for the high quality of the food. We were also impressed to receive unexpected additional salmon mousse and mini-crème brulee courses. I cannot comment on the wine as I am not a wine drinker. Service was good but personally, I found the ambience of the restaurant a little cold for my taste. In fairness, I tend to prefer relatively informal eating and this is a more formal ‘special occasion’ type of restaurant. Still if that is what you are looking for, I do not think that you will be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maia
“Another good example to follow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I usually go in business trip to Tours for several years now and everytime check their menus, which seems expensive. This time I decided to try it and overall top quality and service.
Average price per person EUR 50,00, including starter, main course, dessert, wine and cofee.

Visited December 2012