“Excellent Restaurant in Tours” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
“Excellent Restaurant in Tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My friends and I had a delicious lunch at Brasserie Buré, a very traditional and long-established restaurant in Tours, in mid-July 2008 (I am writing at the end of September 2008). The food was delicious and well prepared and the portions were generous. I took a good look at what the other patrons were having, and everything looked so tantalizing. It was quite obvious everyone else was enjoying their food as well that day. Because the weather was so nice that day, we ate on Brasserie Buré's very pleasant outdoor terrace facing the Place de la Résistance. (The other option is the indoor dining room, done up very nicely in the Art Nouveau "brasserie" style.) Our waitress was very charming, smiling, and efficient. The bill wasn't too painful either by French standards. I heartily recommend this restaurant for traditional, satisfying French food the way French food used to be before "nouvelle cuisine."