“Not an easy place to find without GPS” 3 of 5 stars

Comfort Hotel Orleans Sud
Rue Anthelme Brillat Savarin | Zone Expo Sud, 45100 Orleans, France   |
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Orleans
London, United Kingdom
“Not an easy place to find without GPS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hellish place to find, no big sign unlike other hotels in vicinity. room was ok, sink was loose not bolted down properly. Was a kettle in room so that was good. Window only opened outward s so could not leave open on a night time or another time unless you was in room. Quite annoying as it was so hot. Good restaurant right near which hotel gave me a 20% off voucher for. I bought One large glass (a pint)of Heineken and cost me a rip off €6, I kid you not. Was a secure car,bike parking which was good. Was not that impressed with place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about 1.5 miles from the center of Orleans. It's about 4 tram stops from the center. However, it's about a 10-15 minute (unpaved and unmarked) walk from the tram station. You kind of have to just wander to find the station.

It was clean enough, and a good size for 2. It was very hot in the room though.

The receptionists were all very friendly, putting up with us not speaking French and refilling our water bottle numerous times.

Probably would try to find a closer hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We reserved 2 rooms for our family of 4, we booked 2 twins and a double with a rollaway, thinking maybe we could squeeze our 2 girls in the rollaway and all sleep in the same room, but we had the extra space just in case. We were given a double, and a room that had a double with with a large rollaway in a side room, it looked like some sort of addition, not a suite per say - but kind of. The bathroom in this room however had a large shower with an overhead rain nozzle, body sprayers, and a wand attachment, that just sat in the tiny corner and you wrapped a curtain around yourself, seemed easy enough if a bit complicated, but when turned on, the body spray function didn't work, then there became evident that the rain nozzle overhead had a large crack in it where water just gushed out...so just the hand nozzle was left. I've had showers like that, it's not a big deal, but there was a hair stuck in the wand nozzle, and it gave me the willies, so we just trekked over to our other room a few doors down and all showered in the perfectly fine tub shower combo. It is what it is - a secure place to spend the night. There is not a 24 hour service desk...so be warned if coming in late. This was a problem for us because we needed some help late at night. There is someone on premise though, but if you're from out of country, you might find it difficult (not impossible) to get the help you need.

So, overall, it was fine. If our shower worked I would have rated it one higher. I agree that it's a good stopover place. It's what we used it for, it's off the autoroute easily enough, and got us back on the road quickly without having to detour into town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Arrive late, park your car on the hotel premises, sleep in a good bed, have a decent breakfast and on your way again early for a very reasonable price in high season... If a stop-over is what you're looking for, you could do far worse than this hotel. If you go for a cosy hotel close to the city centre with lots of charme, than you'd be looking for something else (but pay a lot more). I gave four bullets because the 'type sympha' at the reception served me a Leffe without charging, being a Belgian...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Madrid
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

The rooms are really tiny (I couldn't almost open my suitcase on the floor) and I found the bed very narrow and uncomfortable. I woke up every morning with back ache.
The breakfast is good (buffet style) and the people at the reception are very nice. The rooms were clean.
The hotel is far from Orléans center, but the free parking and the nearby access to the road makes it suitable enough if you want to explore the surroundings and the Loire valley without having to get in and out of Orléans city twice a day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Cambridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Arrived tired and hungary. Food was disgusting, awful, rank, old manky YUK.......I could go on.....oh yes we all only had one course, but was charged for two. The receptionist spoke good English until I complained and then he made out he couldn't understand. I just left. It was the first day of my hols and I just didn't want to argue. Room was pleasant and clean, but just big enough for a double bed. They had managed to squeeze another bed in the room. We had to climb in from the foot of the double bed or over my daughters single bed. No room to move or breath and NO AIR CONDITIONING on a hot night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Hotel Orleans Sud? Share your experiences!