We had never stayed in an old historic hotel before and found staying here was an adventure!The room was large and very "medieval".It is on a cobble stone pedestrian walkway leading to the center of town with loads of charm. I did hang my clothes in the huge old armoir---and forgot them totally!!! When I notified the hotel, the lady in charge, Célyne, sent them back to me to Canada. I really appreciated her service even after our stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the most picturesque road in the heart of Old Chinon and at the foot of the Chinon catsle the Hostellerie Gargantua has taken residence in the former Bailiwicks Palace dating back to the XVth Century which is renowned for having heard the famous plea given by the father of the French author François Rabelais.Situated 1 kilometre from the Chinon train station, and at walking distance from the town center. You may discover the historrical town on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hostellerie Gargantua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Gargantua Chinon, France - Loire Valley
- Hostellerie Gargantua Hotel Chinon