“Absolutely lovely restaurant and the meals we all had were delicious.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Bonne France - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Absolutely lovely restaurant and the meals we all had were delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nothing to dislike about it. The owner and chef were very helpful and friendly. The surroundings were very nice. Food was delicious. What more do you want?

Visited April 2013
Le Bars D, Propriétaire at La Bonne France, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are plased to read that you all had a good time dining in our restaurant and we hope to see you again in Chinon.

Brussels, Belgium
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 days in the area and came here twice (we would have returned a 3 time, but then the restaurant was closed)! We were simply enchanté! The food was great and everything we tried was delicious! The service was very nice and the fact that the owner is also the cook made it a great experience! We will certainly return!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“How to enjoy a traditionnal French Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

La Bonne France is a small cozy restaurant in Chinon with lots of atmosphere where you can enjoy some very fine French cuisine at a reasonnable price. The waiter was not only very efficient but also friendly and gave expert advice. The lunch was so good we came back that evening and their desserts are to kill for (red fruit crumble...was my favourite). Best to reserve as it fills very quickly and is small.
Enjoy !
From a foodie
Marie-Madeleine

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Le Bars D, Propriétaire at La Bonne France, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Marie-Madeleine,
You could not have given a better description of our small restaurant as you did.
Each one of our dish is made with a lot of care to share with you our love for cooking.
Thank you and see you soon in Chinon !
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Tiny Gem of a Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Four star meals at two star prices. Only two employees, the waiter and the chef. One of the best meals we had during three weeks in France

Visited October 2012
We thank you for these very nice compliment which keeps us going on serving a rustic and traditional French food.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Bit of a Mixed Bag!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Not too sure about La Bonne France, a small rustic restaurant which I have no doubt has loads of atmosphere but unfortunatley for us on the night we visited there was myself & my husband plus one other dinner who left about 1/2 hour after we arrived. Service was warm & friendly but it's difficult to be discreet when you've only got 2 diners in situ! I have to say that my starter was probably one of my favourites of the trip, foie gras ravioli which had the most beautiful delicate sauce & I could of quite easily eaten double of, my main course however beef with blue cheese was really poor & in hindsight I should of sent it back as it was fatty, chewy & the blue cheese sauce was nothing more than a slice of cheese melted on top, very poor! My husbands meal was however good (duck) & it was evident that I'd just chosen badly. Due to the lack of fellow diners I have to admit we really eat & left quickly which was a shame as I can imagaine it would of been a different experience under different circumsatnces. I'm undecided about La Bonne France, could of been great but unfortunatley I left feeling a little let down & certainly not worth the 80 euros we paid for the pleasure.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
We have read very carrefully all your remarks about your diner experience. How sad you did not tell us at that time, you did not like your main dish. We would have propose to you to exchange it by another one.
As for the fact there was not a lot of people in the restaurant on that night, well, I would say you were lucky as the night after we were fully booked. It gave you a chance to appreciate the atmosphere of the restaurant.
I think that 72.00€ (and not 80€ as you wrote) is not expensive for 2 menus, to which you added one dessert à la carte, a bottle of wine and a coffee.