I have stayed here quite often and continue to be really happy with the service from reception and porterage staff especially. I am welcomed and looked after very well which is just what I need after a long drive. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed. Compared with the Best Western hotel I stayed n in England the night before this was far superior and less expensive !
Both times I stayed recently I wanted black tea in my room and there was none the first time and only one tea bag the second. However, when I asked for more I was instantly given as much of anything as I wanted.
I have one small gripe which is that the dinner menu in the Brasserie does not seem to have changed in years and I find that disappointing. It is quite expensive and what I chose to eat was really not very nice. The next time I stayed there I cancelled my booking and ate out. This will not, however, stop me staying at the Grand Monarque as the rest of the experience was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Monarque Hotel situated in an ancient private historical building just where the pedestrian-only streets commence, is the ideal base for visiting the famous cathedral and the historical town centre of Chartres. Once in the entrance hall we discover a comfortable and elegant ambiance : you are in a gastronomical establishment of great renown. 55 rooms and apartments are at your disposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Le Grand Monarque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Le Grand Monarque Hotel Chartres
- Best Western Hotel Chartres
- Best Western Chartres
- Chartres Best Western