“flawless” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This restaurant is pure indulgence. Everything from the service (efficient, educated and expert) to the food (exquisite, sophisticated and delicious) to the wine list (abundant, diverse and full of regional wines to pair with any dish) this restaurant is truly a gem. I was honestly considering staying another night in Bourges just so i could eat here again. The stuffed guinea fowl with cassis sauce was stupendous... complicated, multileveled flavours that came together in a harmonious medley in my mouth. The portions are not huge as the focus is on presentation and quality. You will not be disappointed!!! Make sure to reserve a table as the restaurant is quite small and cozy. The 2 nights i was there, the restaurant was packed and had to turn away hopeful diners.

• Visited October 2013

84% Recommend
Gloucestershire
“Best meal of the holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Having toured through Belgium, Holland, Germany, Switzerland and France, eating out in every country, our last night was in Bourges, south of Paris. It has a beautiful old town and a magnificent cathedral. We were recommended to try Le Bourbonnoux, as previous guests at our hotel/b&b had enjoyed it - and so did we! They are clearly employ very skilled chefs, and we enjoyed every facet of our evening meal. My wife went for the €19 four-course menu (astonishing value based on our experience across Europe this summer), whilst I settled for just a main from the carte. Our amuse bouches were pleasant, and when my wife's starter (a hot lentil-based concoction) arrived, I was brought a free plat de cruditees so that I would not feel left out! Her main of stewed oxtail deep fried in filo pastry, and my grilled dourade were both excellent. I was given her third course (delicious goats cheese with dressed leaves) whilst my wife was allowed her choice of deserts from the full carte menu - most unusual (and welcome). She went for a chocolate, mint foam, home made ice cream on a shortbread biscuit and vanilla sauce affair that was just sublime. Add in a decent 1/2 bottle of wine and excellent service, and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bourges, France
“Exquisite food, one of Bourges' finest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Food was beautifully presented. Fine French cuisine. We all ordered the 25 euro saveur menu. Four courses which were all très délicieuse! Be prepared for a slow and steady French service which lasts for several hours. We have eaten here twice over the last 3 months and enjoyed it each time. Always ask for the carte des vins and order the Sancerre wine blanc or rouge. Be sure to make a reservation!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Altadena, California
“delightful dinner @ Le Bourbonnoux”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This tiny restaurant was highly recommended by monsier Olivier Llopis of Les Bonnets Rouges
where we stayed last September.

We almost missed it since the store-front was partly concealed by scaffoldings.
But boy were we pleased we dined there!
The staff were very polite and attentive. The place was small but elegantly lighted.
The food was exquisite and beautifully plated. Portions were small though.
But I'm into presentation and taste anyways. I only wished I had taken photos of the seared Scallops. I was struggling with etiquette - is it acceptable to take pictures of my food in a fine restaurant?

• Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“4 years on and still great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in Bourges 4 yrs ago and dined at this lovely typical French family run restaurant. I decided to eat here again and was certainly not disappointed. Even though it was a Monday night it was packed. I was lucky to get a table. One can easily see how much this restaurant is run like a well oiled machine - Madame is is full control. The menu offers a wide range of options from locally sourced produce. The Magret de Canard was so tender it melted in my mouth and the Creme Brûlée was silky smooth with a perfect toffee cover. It is situated in one of the oldest streets in Bourges. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013