We spent one night here in one of the "Comfort" rooms in late December on an overnight from Paris. It was not enough. Everything about the stay was top notch...from the friendliness of the staff to the amenities provided in the room and out.
The location is excellent...very easy walk to the center of town and Chateau Amboise as well as Chateau du Clos Lucé (Da Vinci's last home.) Upscale in every manner with a very authentic rustic feel. What particularly struck as about the room, especially after touring a couple of the region's castles, was the exposed ceiling beams which were basically the same as in the castles we had visited...made us feel that we were staying in a truly historic building.
Amboise on it's own is a truly spectacular place to base yourself for a tour of the Loire Valley and you absolutely can't go wrong at this hotel.
Off street parking, secure, large comfortable bed, historic but updated with modern amenities atmosphere...everything really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise