“Beautiful Hotel; Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Amboise
Redwood City, California
“Beautiful Hotel; Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Le Manoir Les Minimes was part of our wedding anniversary trip to France. As such, I wanted everything to be perfect for my wife and the Manoir did not dissappoint. Great location a short walk from the town of Amboise, the chateau, etc. A beautifully furnished hotel with a warm and helpful staff. The 1st floor (U.S. 2nd floor) room was very comfortable and had a view of the chateau and river. The breakfast was delicious and was priced similar to our hotel in Paris. The staff helped with restaurant recommendations as well. My wife could not have been happier, and therefore so am I.

Room Tip: I booked several months early, and paid a bit more for a suite with a view. The front facing room w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Orinda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel. The location in Amboise is excellent. The hotel's setting is lovely-right up against the Amboise Fortress, across the street from the river and easy walking distance to the small lovely town with a large variety of cafes and restaurants. Parking is included-nice-and do beware the sharp turn into the hotel parking lot! The only room available at the time I booked was an attic room in the main house. Nice room though the ceilings with its quaint beams posed a bit if a hazard for my husband who is 6'1". I could see his whacking his head going to the bathroom. I had sent an em the night before I arrived asking if there were any other rooms available and had been informed yes there was one other room in the cottage off to the front of the property-slightly higher price but a bit larger. Unfortunately when we arrived the front desk, the person apparently did not review my file as no mention was made of this other room. I had to bring it up. We were shown the other room only after I asked about it again and we chose to upgrade as the second room was a great deal more spacious but not that much larger. You are not in the main house but so what. My main problem with this hotel was breakfast. It is not included in the price for the room. And it is not inexpensive-at least 15 euros per person. We tried it the first morning. And what do you get? Coffee, a glass of juice, some just OK pastries, older fruit salad etc. Way way too expensive. Instead, we simply walked 5 minutes to the little town center and bought petite dejeuner from a couple of different cafes for easily half the price and much better quality. It may be more difficult to do this in the summer as buses arrive and the crowds may not make this an option. But seiously, almost $50 for continental breakfast for two? And not a very good continental breakfast. This is simply price gouging and obviously a profit center. A great disappointment. And the bed was merely OK. So very nice location, reasonably priced room, parking a plus but the breakfast situation left a sour taste in my mouth. And the staff was not very helpful or friendly. We barely saw them, were not asked if there was anything they could help us with and overall were rather standoffish. But...good location and nice
access to the cute town. Given the options in the area I would probably stay here again but I hope service is improved and something should be done regarding the breakfast ripoff.

• Stayed October 2013
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of Amboise. Exquisite decor, well appointed room, HUGE bed and beautiful linen. The drawing and dining room decor was enchanting and the breakfast offerings were diverse. Nothing was too much trouble for the attentive and helpful staff. This was the best hotel experience of our two week stay in France.

Shrub Oak, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

What a great place to stay. From the moment you drive in the courtyard you know you hit the jack pot. The building, the grounds then the public area. You been taken back to the time of nobility. From the decor, the rooms, the staff, everything was impeccable. The service, and the room was first rate. We had breakfast our first day, and it was served with taste and elegance.

There isn't any words to convey the experience you have to live it. I would come back just to enjoy the property, I wish the weather was better to be able to sit outside and soak it all in.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We only stayed for one night on our honeymoon trip, but we will remember as one of the best. The hotel was lovely and the view from my room to the Amboise Castle was amazing! The service at the front desk was very attentive and gave us very good recommendations for dinner.

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and was part of the charming at our visit to Amboise, we felt as in home. Specially at night when we took some drinks and read at the living room which was perfectly decorated, quiet, but we had very good service!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here based on previous reviews. Yes it is very nicely decorated and the grounds are lovely. It's main asset is that it is a 5 minute walk to the center with free protected parking .However for what you pay it is no bargain. Our room had a bath tub with a spray and no place to hang it to make a shower. If you are a bit older or have balance issues this is not the place for you. For the price I expected a bit more. Over rated and disappointed this time by Trip Advisor. Service in the hotel cooly efficient .

• Stayed October 2013
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were visiting from Paris, with my mother and her friend who were visiting from Australia. Our first impressions were great and the rooms we had were both lovely - spotless and thoughtfully decorated, as was the rest of the property. Polite and courteous service at reception at all times, with some good recommendations for places to eat out. Great location for exploring Amboise (a short stroll to the heart of the town) and as a base for discovering other towns/châteaux in the region. Only two things if I'm being picky; for the price, they need to up their game at breakfast - I've seen better breakfasts at Best Western chain hotels. Just a few more dishes, including a couple of hot options, would justify its price (a whopping €14), but if you want to go crazy on croissants, you'll be happy. Also the standard room we rented on the ground floor of the main building, although very nice with a great bathroom (fancy shower with loads of water jets), was small. It's also next to where they prepare breakfast and the breakfast room itself so we were woken up by the clinking of glasses and cutlery. But OK, these were just two issues out of a largely good experience at the hotel. Recommended!

Room Tip: Not next to the breakfast room if you're a light sleeper!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Le Manoir les Minimes? Share your experiences!