“Soggy croquet Monsieur” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Anacapri, Italy
“Soggy croquet Monsieur”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

They microwaved the croque Monsieur so ended up a soggy inedible mess. Coffee disappointing. Paid and left them both to send a message

Visited September 2012

Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Avoid if looking for lunch fare!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My partner and I stppoed here for lunch-- it looked fantastic with pastries, quiche, pizza, and burgers. We were asked to move from the table we chose for no apparent reason, but fine. I decided to try the burger because it looked really special. A few bites in I realized with horror that the burger was raw inside. Not rare, but literally RAW. We pointed this out to the waitress and she insinuated that it was my responsibility to ask for it to be cooked more. Sorry, but I didn't realize I had to ask for my burger to be cooked to a healthy temperature. The quiche my boyfriend ordered was very tasty, but it was obvious that everything was being microwaved since it was scalding hot. In attempt to salvage the meal we ordered an eclair, which was pleasant. They should stick pasteries and not venture into lunch fare. Very displeased overall.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, England
“A wonderful place in Amboise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Looking for a spot in Amboise to have lunch - of which there are many possibilities - we chose Patisserie Gerard. It looked bright and clean and the pastries on display were very tempting indeed. It has quite an extensive menu, and I had something I love and first discovered years ago at a cafe in Tours: Salade Chevre Chaud with walnuts. When it came, it was the best one I have ever had. The waitress had brought my pitcher and boulee of very good cidre and said "Now I'll go prepare your salad." She sure knew what to do! My companion had a ham sandwich which she was also very enthusiastic about. Afterward I could have easily eaten my way through the pastries had time and an unusual degree of self-control not stopped me. I can't recommend this patisserie too highly. Be SURE to stop in for a meal or tea or whatever when you're in Amboise. I'm sure you'll be pleased you did so.

• Visited September 2011