i like this hotel to be 4 star hotel near Amboise. And due to its name, Novotel, we've stayed many other hotels around the world, we chose this hotel. The double-bed room we stayed is spacious with a sofa. There are water boilers for free coffee and tea. It is clean and comfortable to sleep with.
1. Wrong room when checked-in We arrived at around 8pm and the lady seemed busy with maybe a bunch of tourist group that's just checked in before us. Then she received us and gave us the room. Room number 269. But when we opened the room, there was a guest inside the room already! What a shock!!!! How could this basic thing happen with a 4 star hotel? We were very embarrassed about disturbing other guest. We went back to the reception and she seemed busy again, but didn't seem like she was very sorry even when she said in a low voice, "I'm sorry". And she gave us another room near room no.269. Basically the layout of the hotel is really bad if you're staying in a room that is furthermost from the entrance. That will take about 5 mins walk with your heavy luggage. On the other hand, it is quiet from noisy guests at the bar near the entrance.
2. Breakfast was terrible almost like a youth hostel class The breakfast was not abundant. I was surprised because other Novotel we've stayed were not like that. It was just served with 2 warm food and a few cold dishes. One positive thing was the tea, which was really good and enjoyable.
3. Terrible and worst breakfast service staff (the male one) On our 2nd day for breakfast we were very unhappy because there was no seat for us to sit. It seemed like the staff was preparing for lunch already. So I complained to one of the male staff that we can't get a seat. And oh my goodness, This guy just told us off, "oh...you're unhappy? you know what, you've passed the breakfast time at 930am, 5 minutes over now, so it is closed!" Wow, I didn't see that coming!! He was very very rude and used a very high voice telling us off. I have traveled more than 100 hotels in the world, and I have never seen a hotel that closes the breakfast serving time so early! Someone must give an award to this hotel for being the earliest closing their breakfast service. So we didn't get any breakfast that day even though our rate included the breakfast.
4. can't register Accord points if booking via booking.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, spacious an comfortable rooms have been designed to accommodate your wishes, regardless of the reason for your stay, so that you can relax (bathtub or separate shower, comfortable sofa, flat screen television, etc...) or work (Free WIFI connection, pivoting desk, etc...). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Amboise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Amboise Hotel Amboise
- Amboise Novotel
- Accor Amboise