“Great food and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating
Description: Cuisine autour de notre cheminee de produits frais et de grillades au feu de bois.
San Francisco, California
“Great food and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My bf and I happen into this wonderful restaurant off the main street. We took a chance in walking down a narrow alley and so happy we did. I had the BBQ lamb with the most delicious garlic sauce and my bf had the special of the day, which was a surprise as we could not understand what it was. As it turns out to be the most delicious veal in white sauce. BUT, the most special moment was when I had discover that I had lost my gold pendant when we got back to our b&b.....we retraced all our steps, finally went back to the restaurant.....with a smile on their faces, when I said in my broken French je degare necklace, they handed me my pendant! What a joy! Thank you Le Pravis!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CaliforniaGirl0454

Schenectady, New York
“A delightful, inventive but traditional restaurant with talent and skill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were a little doubtful about this restaurant given it was one of the only ones open Sunday night and it opened at seven pm. Most places open at seven thirty or not at all Sunday night.

The house white Volnay was ordinary but the 2006 Chinon was tank and deep. With time it opened and was big and brassy. We had the 26 Euro prix fixe menu each. First was fois gras. It was exactly as expected with sides of caramel iced onion and jam. The toasted bread was perfect. I found it to be nearly perfect.

Next we had duck confit and salmon grilled. Te confit came with roasted potatoes with lardon and another side of mushroms. Both were interesting to satisfying. The duck was cooked well and as expected. The salmon was well prepared, fresh, moist and with similar sides plus a dill cream dipping sauce.

We had cheese and chocolate mouse. The mouse was deep and chocolaty in flavor. Very, very good. The fromage were young, but plentiful. All followed by a good coffee. A fairly priced good meal for 70 Euro for two with wine.

• Visited January 2013
Bures sur Yvette
“Could be much more better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

the grill seen from the outside windows made us chosing that restaurant. It looked friendly. It is true that the meat was excellent. But and there are many but: the service was very long, the salad was without any no sauce, the main course plate was cold and so the vegetables, the pie was burned (maybe that's a proof it is home made)!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Boise, Idaho
“September 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We came across this restaurant while looking for one off the beat and path. We had a table on the patio, which was very nice. The serving sizes were large, and the quality of the food was very good. We found the service to be excellent, and our meal was quite enjoyable.

• Visited September 2012
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

A nice grill (visible in the restaurant inside) where, in the right dining area, you can watch your meal cooking. We had the soup and grilled meat with veggies. Place was full when we were there. Not a top notch French restaurant, but tasty for the price. Good value.

Visited May 2012