“...but then, it's only 2-star.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Thurot
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4-6, passage Thurot, 21000 Dijon, France   |
Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Dijon
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“...but then, it's only 2-star.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you'd booked the Hotel Thurot for a stay of several days, you'd likely be disappointed. For one en route night, it's OK.

The hotel does not have it's own restaurant, but is situated within 10 minutes walk of a wide range of reasonable establishments - Le Gril Faure is particularly good.

The rooms are small with basic furniture. Beds are serviceable, but showing their age. Our bathroom was tiny and in need of a basilica refurb. Continental breakfast was OK.

Overall, for the price, the Thurot is Just about acceptable for a short stay, but then, it's only a 2-star and a way off getting it's third.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visited Burgundy in Oct and set base in Dijon for the wine tours, booking Hotel Thurot in advance. The first thing we did was get the tourist map from the Information Center, and we had no difficulty at all making it on foot with rolling luggage within 10 mins from the train station. The hotel itself is pretty good for the price (used as we were to much more basic hotels at similar and higher prices and 'stars' in the rest of France) - with free parking, free and good Wi-Fi, and all the basic amenities, non-problematic heating etc. Good enough for a couple of days, in a nice quiet neighbourhood - and pretty much close to all the attractions on the Owl Trail which we did entirely on foot from the hotel. It has a decent (if slightly overpriced) breakfast and some eateries in a few blocks.

Says it's a 2*, and I say it does well for itself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is in a quiet part of Dijon and only 5 minutes from the station. There's a nice walk down to the Place de la Liberation through the Darcy Garden and shopping streets which takes 15 minutes at the most. The rooms are quiet, spacious (I was in a twin room) and clean, however the windows of the rooms were dirty... There's a functional bathroom with hot water. I was disappointed there were no tea making facilities in the rooms and also surprised that though they have a bar they don't serve wine! I feel that 66€ for a twin room is a good price and if you're on a budget is worth it.

Room Tip: Room 30 is a twin room with a bath with shower head on taps (à la française!) Room 28 is a twin room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here and are still living with the regret. The parking lot was absolute chaos in the morning...with no chance of sleeping past 7am and worst of all as we were leaving I found a bed bug on my wife's pants. Later that afternoon we realized we had almost a hundred bedbug bites on us. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montpelier, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were able to find a room at Hotel Thurot for less than half what we had to pay at every other hotel where we stayed in Europe, by choosing an out-of-room toilet -- the shower and sink were en suite. We found the hotel very clean and comfortable. The location is easy to find and near the train staion. The receptionist was always friendly and helpful. We highly recommend Hotel for someone on a budget.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find, just a short walk from the station. The girl at reception was extremely helpful and they were happy to hold onto my bags after check out time until I took my train. The room and bathroom were clean, the bed was comfortable and there were extra blankets and pillows. Its in a good location, just a short walk from the town centre. It's a very nice place to stay.

Stayed April 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I was going to be traveling in the Burgundy region, and I chose Dijon as my home base, over Beanue. I was looking for a good affordable hotel that close the station and restaurants, but far enough away so I could get a good night sleep, and that is exactly what I got.

The rooms were a good size - much bigger than I expected. The beds were very comfortable and with the window shades down, there was no light. The bathroom was a good size, though the shower and sink were both small (extremely small by US standards, and I would say a little small for Europe standards), but everything was clean and well maintained.

The location was good - an easy 5-10 minute walk to the station and downtown. I was a little thrown off by the neighborhood at first, as it seemed to be located in a working class residential area, but once you got inside the parking lot, it was like another world.

The one thing that will stick with me the most has to be the quality of the sleep. I can not remember the last time I slept so solidly. The room, with the shade down, was very dark, and the comfortable bed put me in an almost comatose state of sleep. I averaged 9-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night, and I woke up feeling great.

I would stay here again as a solo traveler. I don't think this is a romantic destination, but for work, or for a solo trip, I think it would be great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Thurot? Share your experiences!