“Decent hotel for its prices.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Balladins Dijon Nord Confort

Hotel Balladins Dijon Nord Confort
You added Hotel Balladins Dijon Nord Confort to your Saves list
Hotel Balladins Dijon Nord Confort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Rue des Ardennes, 21000 Dijon, France (Formerly Hotel Hugotel Nord)   |
Ranked #43 of 56 Hotels in Dijon
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel for its prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've used this hotel 3 times and will be using it again. I used this hotel for the first time in 2012 for a few night stops on my way to and from Italy. It has great views from the west side of the hotel if you're on the second or third floor. There are balconies with some of the rooms. TV's in all of the rooms I've stayed in. I assume they have TV's in every room. Wifi is available for free, a code is needed which can be found at the check in desk. There is a restaurant there and the food is white nice. Some of the food is a bit pricey. The continental breakfast is very nice. Overall I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Stopped over on the way to the med. the family room for 4 of us was clean, large, quiet and a short stop from the motorway. The restaurant was great the service was very friendly. Wouldn't want to stay for a week but as a stopover was fantastic.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gex, Rhone-Alpes, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We chose this hotel in advance because of its location (walking distance to Zenith). We were there for a Mark Knopfler concert. The room was small, reasonably clean though it smelt of tobacco. They took dogs which is always important for us with our Golden Retriever.

The receptionist wasn't overly friendly but I did eventually manage to get a smile from her. We didn't eat at the restaurant nor did we take breakfast as we needed to drive to Calais. The concert fell perfectly for our regular summer brief trip to England from where we live close to Geneva.

In summary: the hotel fitted our purpose and is reasonably priced. A fairly typical lower end chain hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is a bit old, the rooms are a bit smokey but clean. The shower leaks a lot of water onto the ground so the floor is very wet very quickly. The beds are pretty small. Breakfast is good for French standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Travelling Essex man
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stopped her for a night on the way back from the south of France. We chose it because of location and availability as we were booking hotels a day or two before. A tip I was told long ago about hotels in France is to call if you are arriving late (i.e. after 6pm) to avoid what other reviewers have experienced. We arrived about 10pm after calling ahead and our room was just as we had booked. The room was a bit on the small side - as I had expected with this chain of hotels - but clean and functional. We didn't eat dinner or breakfast as we had an early start in the morning. Perfectly adequate stopover.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Needed a place to stop over on long trip through France. Hotel room offered was not quadruple as booked but given a triple with an extra bed. Room was too small but it was offered at a lower price and too tired to argue. Room was clean - adequate. Had to stay put for another night due to car problems so I asked for and got a quad family room. This room was much bigger and more comfortable and at a very reasonable rate. However this room did have one major draw back for me - water gurgled in the tank and pipes all night long - so not a good night of sleep! Food in the restaurant (dinner and breakfast) was ok and again quite reasonable. Staff were helpful generally.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Our experience of the hotel led to one the worst nights I've have had in a long time. I was on a business trip with 3 others and after a long drive from Lyon arrived to the hotel late at night. When I arrived at the hotel i was told that the manager had told the receptionist to let my room as I hadn't arrived yet. They also said there was no other rooms available in the hotel. I spent the next hour looking for a hotel in Dijon and could find none available. We ended up sleeping at a motorway service station in the car which was difficult as I had meetings the next morning in Dijon to attend and had no access to a shower. Not being able to ensure your reserved room would be make me available when you arrived would make me never consider ballerins hotels again.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Hotel Balladins Dijon Nord Confort? Share your experiences!