“Very slow service - but vegetarian dishes!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very slow service - but vegetarian dishes!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I visited Dijon for one night with another couple & we decided to eat here - a few of our top choices were closed due to the French being on holiday (bien sur). I was the only vegetarian amongst us & as other veggies will know it's hard to eat in France! My friends all had burgundy beff, which they said was good, though the portions were small. I had the relative luxury of a few choices on the menu - I went for the vegetarian wok, which was pretty much a plate of noodles with a few flecks of vegetables. It wasnt great & really needed loads more veg and some protein (i dont think the french know what tofu is), but still nice to be able eat easily. There were other dishes too - a couple of sales & a baked Camembert that I could have eaten. But the main issue we had was the painfully slow 'relaxed' service. The waiter / owner was very fond of himself and despite being sort of friendly, was pretty bad at serving - slow, kept stopping to sit and chat at other tables. We went there at about 8.30 and we were still eating 2 hours later. My friend gave up on having a dessert because we didn't want to be there until midnight and were all tired - basically, they lost out on quite a bit more money on our bill because they were so slow. I'm sure there are better restaurants in Dijon, but hurrah that this has some veggie choices. I have a recipe suggestion for them to improve that!

Visited August 2013

“Inedible steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Made the mistake of both of us ordering the €8.50 steak special. It was terrible. Inedible. The fries were nice snd the staff were friendly, but they didn't offer to compensate for the terrible cut of meat.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
vermont
“best escargot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stumbled into this bistrot for lunch in Dijon and sat outside where we watched the street scene passing. I had the best escargot of 2 weeks in Burgundy here - in a mustard cream sauce. The tables are about on top of each other in typical outdoor style so be prepared to be friendly. We were charmed and entertained by the people sitting beside us who were equally entertained by our language and attempts at theirs. For the next 2 weeks we fondly remembered these escargot.

Visited September 2012