“Good Hotel, Nice Location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel le Jura
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 avenue Foch, Dijon Dijon, France   |
Ranked #33 of 56 Hotels in Dijon
Rio de Janeiro
“Good Hotel, Nice Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very close to the Train Station and also to City Center. Don't forget to ark for a map of the Route de la Chouette! Good bedroom, we stayed at a triple room with a huge bathroom. The breakfast was pretty good also, had cold and hot options! The only inconvenient is that the street is for tram and pedestrians only, so we had to park our car in the train station. If i have to make a criticism, I would say to drop the wallpaper border in the room, it's 2013!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for theses kinds remarks, it was a pleasure to read them.

Regarding the inconvenient with the tram, you can notice for your next stay that you can stop in front of the hotel.

In fact , there is a special zone where our guests are allowed to stop to take to card before to park the car in our private car-park.

Many thanks for your confidenceand we hope welcome you as soons as possible.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel very good location: near TGV station and city-center. There are some city parkings nearby.
My room was upgraded to superior so it was rather spacious. The room was on the ground floor with inner-court view but I can't say it was cozy. It was cold in the room. Furniture is old, no carpet on the floor.
Breakfast and staff was nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank your for your remark about your last stay at the Hotel le Jura Dijon.

I noticed the room was too cold, I am checking with my technical department and understand what happened.

Nevertheless, be sure that if we did know that , our reception staff would have propose you a new room.

Regarding the breakfast , we are gladd you enjoyed it, it is very important for us to present a nice and full breakfast.

All the staff and myself would like to thank you for having choose Hotel le Jura Dijon and hope to welcome you during your next stay.

Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Think they must have bought their stars?? Below average will not return. As for the on site fine dining restaurant ?? Chicken that's bleeding? Cold fish with hot sauce? I'm surprised we lived to tell the tail. Avoid.
I will be contacting the Michelin restaurant guide a complete disgrace.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Regarding your remarks I think you wrote about an other hotel : Hotel le Jura doesn't have any restaurant and we are not working with the Michelin Guide.

Please, could you cancel theses remarks that don't concern our Hotel ?

Many thanks,

Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The only reason I give a 2 rating is the location - close to the centre, walking distance from the historical buildings.
And that`s it.
The hotel is not at all as "nice" as on the pictures. It`s old, the style is somewhere between 70`s and 80`s, the wallpaper in the room was coming down, the bed linen are not nice and pillows were incredibly uncomfortable.
The parking cost 15 EUR per day and you need to go next door to get down to the garage - but ok, at least there is a garage.
There were like 3 carpets on the stairs and simply when the carpet ended, they put on top of it another one. But fine, I said, if you stay here for a night, you can survive.. until the breakfast..
When we got down (and it was quite early in the morning), the mess we saw was unbelievable. There was a huge group before us and none of the table were cleaned and all the food was gone. We had to go to the reception to tell them that there is nothing to eat. Then they tried to find the kitchen staff, apperantly they were not on top of things. They started to clean tables and put some food very slowly, so despite we woke up early, we couldnt leave early.
And the food was horrible. You would expect nice frenchy breakfast with freash bread, well, not here..
Even for a 1-star accomodation these are basic requirements, not for a 3-star hotel..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I noticed your remark and I was very surprised.

The rate for the parking is 12.50 €, not 15 € (the rate is precised at the check-in) and our guests doesn't have to choose to leave their car in our parking : this is only their own choice and some times they prefer to use the train station 's parking (which is more expensive).

Concerning the carpet in the stairs, this carpet was beeing cleaned, that's whey a part was missing.

Endly, regarding the breakfast, that's true there were a very big group at the same time that explain why it was difficult to clean and to serve the buffet;

But in fact, wouldn't be preferable to check straight with myself while you were present at the hotel ?

My staff and myself we know that sometimes it is very difficult to be perfect, but we always do our best and work hard for that, and I am sure that we could have apologize, explained the reasons to you and find a good solution.

Of course, I am at your disposition if you would like to contact me.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I were very happy with this hotel. We were on the first floor. I had e-mailed them that we would be arriving ealry but we were even earlier than I'd expected, the room wasn't ready which was understandable but the girl at teh front desk was very friendy and kept our bags for us so we could go check out the city while we waited.

We ahd a window that opened up to look over the terrace, it was such a nice change from busy Paris (where we had just come from), instead of sirens and honking horns all we heard was the birds.

The was very spacious as well as the bathroom and both were very clean. We had arrived by train so we appreciated how close the hotel was from the station. We did not have the breakfast because in our experience the hotel breakfasts in France are very expensive and sub-par. I suggest going to Brioche Doriee, it is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel (I'm sure the front desk would mark it on your map) and it was the best breakfast we had in France. it's a cute little bakery and has tables inside. For around 4 euros a person you get coffee, orange juice, and your choice of pastry.

The hotel staff is great and recomened a wonderful retaurant for dinner, I dont remeber the name but it's a pizzeria that also has local speacialties, just ask them and they will mark it on your map for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for theses nice remarks, I will inform my staff and they will be very happy.

We hope to welcome you agin in Hotel le Jura during your next trip in France.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel we were in was decorated in the early 70s, even the bed linen and covers were that old.
Every hotel we visited in Europe had a great breakfast included in the price. When we checked in here, they told us about their breakfast. The two days we were there, we ate it because we figured, "Heck, since it's included, we might as well take advantage" That despite the fact that it was the worst we'd had in Europe. When we checked out, they tacked on 50+ Euros for the two days of breakfasts we'd had. Nobody had ever told us about the charge and had we known that, we'd have left this trap and gotten ourselves something good.
The location was good.
If you have a choice of staying here or sleeping in the street, bring your sleeping bag.

Room Tip: Any other hotel in Dijon.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write your remarks, but I think theses remarks are not appropriate becouse too excessive.

I am very surprised you wrote theses remarks almost one year after your stay...and I don't remember a complaint from your part during this stay.

In fact, I imagine that a guest so angry would have prefered to leave the hotel instead to stay in a so terrible hotel.

Nevertheless, be sure that in front of such a complaint, we would have offer the breakfasts

Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The only thing missing is a restaurant that serves evening meals. A reasonable breakfast is available, self service offering hot or cold options. Very clean.
I'm 2 nights in to a 4 night stay, and lucky enough to have a suite all to myself. Room 205. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I like complete blackout when I'm sleeping, so the electronic window shutters block put sound and light. WiFi signal is ok, website authorisation of surname and room number. Beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your remarks about Hotel le Jura and all the services we can propose to our guests.

Regarding the restaurant, we propose a room-service so you have a menu in each room where you can make your command and be served 15 minutes later.

I hope you will stay again at the Hotel le Jura Dijon and try our room service.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel le Jura? Share your experiences!