“Better than average in all areas.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel le Jura
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 avenue Foch, Dijon Dijon, France   |
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Dijon
Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England
“Better than average in all areas.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

The only thing missing is a restaurant that serves evening meals. A reasonable breakfast is available, self service offering hot or cold options. Very clean.
I'm 2 nights in to a 4 night stay, and lucky enough to have a suite all to myself. Room 205. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I like complete blackout when I'm sleeping, so the electronic window shutters block put sound and light. WiFi signal is ok, website authorisation of surname and room number. Beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your remarks about Hotel le Jura and all the services we can propose to our guests.

Regarding the restaurant, we propose a room-service so you have a menu in each room where you can make your command and be served 15 minutes later.

I hope you will stay again at the Hotel le Jura Dijon and try our room service.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
wigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

really liked this hotel because of its location (especially good if arriving by train) the fact it had real character in the building itself- and the room (overlooking the garden) was a real oasis to relax in with the windows open looking onto the small balcony
the price was pretty good and service was friendly and good. rom not huge but big enough
only slight drawback was decor was a bit old fashioned- but we would overall thoroughly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your remark, I will let them know to my staff and they will enjoy them.

Regarding the old-fashioned decor, Hotel le Jura should have next year some renovation, you can our website to visit all the renovated hotels from our group Oceaniahotels.

I thank you for your confidence in Hotel le Jura and I would be pleased to welcome you again.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Tricky to find using the GPS as the hotel is located in a pedestrian precinct, currently under renovation. There's underground parking which is accessed by a card/code which you'll need to get from the reception before you can park. Rooms are clean - reception manager was helpful. Breakfast seems pricey at €11 forthe standard ham/cheese/bread continental fare. I'd stay again, but would buy breakfast elsewhere .

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Following your stay at the Hotel Le Jura Dijon, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our questionnaire.

I am very sensitive to your remark and be assured that I will share these comments with the personnel of the hotel.

I take note of your remark about the breakfast buffet. Be sure that a commission of the Group Oceania Hotels works on a new breakfast buffet offer, which will soon be set up in all our hotels and we shall not forget to integrate your remarks.

I thank you for your confidence in our Group and Hotel le Jura, and I would be pleased to welcome you again in Hotel le Jura or in any other establishments Oceaniahotels.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel was very disappointing. We stayed here one night with two rooms, double beds, We had a lot of luggage and to ascend to our rooms (which were put on different floors despite being 133 and 137 - explained later) we had to go through 2 sets of elevators each twice.
The floors are numbered really stupidly. The hotel has two parts, one part with floor 0, 1, and 2, but the second part (with four floors) is completely floor 1 (so 137 is directly above 134 etc). Despite them both appearing floor "1" - we had to take an elevator first from floor 0 to floor 1 then walk through a long corridor to this second part and take another elevator up.

Also, despite our rooms being directly above each other, they were completely different - the one below seems renovated while the one above (which was technically an "attic" floor) was not renovated; there wasn't even a shower curtain, the roof was a hindrance and could be easily bumped into - even the TV was different. Again same price but clearly you could get a new room or a disgusting old room.

There were also mosquitoes on the bathroom windowsill in both rooms. Also, at night, noise from the bars below was non-stop and made it difficult to sleep. There is no air conditioning (at least none that I could find).

The card keys that are used to enter the room are also very old - basically punchcards (wonder if they are even secure). Like many other reviewers have said, the road in front of the hotel has construction and is currently closed (you have to walk quite a bit from the station to get to the hotel). This hotel is very old and we were very disappointed - choose something else instead.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel instead
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Following your stay at the Hotel Le Jura Dijon, I am really sorry if your stay was not up to your expectations. And I would like to apologize.

I am very sensitive to your remark and be assured that Iwill share these comments with the department of our group Oceaniahotels in charge of customers.

Indeed, our Group started, three years ago, an ambitious program of renovations of its hotels and Le Jura will soon benefit from this program and Iwill not fail to hold of your remarks.

I would be pleased to welcome you again after renovations or in any of our establishments.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here at beginning and end of our cycling holiday booked with Skedaddle in England then franchised out to a French company. Last week we felt we had a very inferior room, high in attic very tired looking. We thought we'd been unlucky and perhaps on our return we'd be more fortunate and have a refurbished room facing courtyard. Even tho room rate was 134 euro without breakfast we were yet again given a squalid room. Facing a wall. Tiny window. No air con. Very tired looking. Minute bathroom. Shoddy. The hotel does not seem full. Perhaps management think that cyclists can be fobbed off with inadequate rooms. I cannot recommend this hotel even tho a good location re train station.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

I have read your comments regarding your previous stay.

Firstly, I wish to inform you that we do not choose the rooms according to the guest, but according to our available rooms.

So, I'm surprised because when a room is not suitable for our guests, we always try to propose them an other room.

Regarding the rate of € 134, I do not think you paid this rate, I propose you to contact me so that we can study together this.

I thank you for your confidence in our Group, and would be pleased to welcome you again in Le Jura or in any of our other establishments Oceania.

Halifax, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My cousin and I were extremely disappointed with our choice of hotel. We were in room 106 on the first floor directly above the tram works with cement mixers and 2 pneumatic drills. The noise was horrendous. The weather was extremely warm 10/11 May 12 so we asked if we could have the air conditioning on. We were told the weather wasn't warm enough for the air conditioning to be put on. The room needed decorating and had the tired look, there were stains on the carpet and there was some blood on the pillow. Access to the bathroom was dangerous (particularly during the night having to negotiate steps). The good thing about this hotel was the close proximity to the station.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
direction-le-jura, Directeur général at Hotel le Jura, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I notice you were disapointed regarding the air conditioning and the room and I want to apoligize.

In fact, air conditioning is not working actually but will be in order this week and regarding the room, some renovations should be done in the begigning of the next year that will let us to propose to our guest new decorated rooms.

About the blood on the pillow, I will check with my staff to understand what happend becouse we are very strict with the cleanliness in the hotel.

Regarding the works in the street, I will send this complaint to the company in charge of theses works and I hope they will follow our recommandation to adart the hours.

Medan, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I would recommend this hotel for budget traveller. The location is great, near the train station. And you wont go starving here, food all over the place. Breakfast is nice.

But there are road works currently at the front of the hotel. They are building a tram network i think. Hotel is nice, its clean for my standard. But the lift is wayyyyyyyy to small.

The reception lady by the name Nakri, is very helpful. She shows me where to find an interesting food in dijon. Hehehe a very nice food to have. There is a japanese restaurant that we are supposed to go, but the service was really bad. Seems like they dont even want to entertain us at all the moment we open up the door, we greet. And look around, there are some empty chairs, but the restaurant steward say the restaurant is full. A very strange japanese restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for theses nices comments, Nakry was very happy to read them.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel le Jura? Share your experiences!