For my birthday dinner, the restaurant was outstanding. We got in because of a mix up at another top restaurant and were very glad we did!
Review format: 1. Restaurant and decor 2. Service 3. Food 4. Allergies 5. Wines 6. Value
1. Restaurant and decor - Very stylish modern decor that was inviting and relatively formal. Location is good inside old town though parking was challenging. The "wine wall" made up of automated pourers from identified bottles to allow wines chosen for set menus was a clever and innovative (and efficient and effective) way of dealing with wines.
2. Service - Excellent good English and food knowledge. Service was very good but not overly quick. Professional given number of courses and willingness to explain and answer questions about content details and preparation.
3. Food - Highlight of dinner was the quality and innovation of the food. The appetisers and palate cleansers worked very well and complemented the four course meal. See photos of the fish with eel emulsion and truffle slithers, pigeon wings and duck liver and fois gras main, extensive and excellent cheese selection and chocolate and gelati dessert. They were all cooked to perfection, innovative, interesting, not overpowering and most importantly delicious. Excellent gastronomic fair.
4. Allergies - the Gluten allergy of my wife was professionally and appropriately handled.
5. Wines - The extensive and varied wine list was a pleasure to behold. It was not cheap but as a wine lover was excellent. As we were not experienced with Burgundian wines - we selected the restaurant recommended wines for each of the exploration menu. The five wines selected were excellent accompaniments to the courses. The all burgundian, two Chardonnays, two Pinot Noirs and a Gamay were very good and went with the food, with only two premier crus and no grand crus in sight!
6. Value - this restaurant is not cheap and at a bit under €500 for four is not for every occasion. However, in my view it was very good value for the money.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.