“Very good choice, better than other higher rated hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel de la Paix
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 rue Faubourg Madeleine, 21200 Beaune, France   |
Ranked #31 of 61 Hotels in Beaune
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good choice, better than other higher rated hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had booked a cycling holiday, starting and ending in Beaune. During the first night we stayed at Hotel de la Paix. This hotel is only rated as number 35 on Tripadvisor which I do not understand. We had a large room (highest floor), with a large bed, nice bathroom, goo d shower. Location was perfect: very quiet but within a minute walk from the city centre (and 3 minutes from the train station). Breakfast was also OK. I preferred it to Hotel Grillon (more expensive, higher rated) in which we stayed the last night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dornie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel, it was superbly located and the room was clean and modern, very restful after a long drive from Switzerland. Our little dog was welcomed wherever we went. Will definitely use this hotel again. One small detail, check your bill before you leave the hotel and not when you are in the car on the motorway heading to Calais. They had overcharged us. My husband did not have his glasses on and could not check the amounts, we rarely find these wrong, this time it was, I'm sure the hotel receptionist would have amended it to the correct amount had she been informed. Pre-book a car park space too if you have a car, the car park does not accommodate enough cars for their guests. Plenty free car parking in the village though.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back if you can, but the traffic does die down in the night. Didn't bother us...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a nice hotel in a good location and only a five minute walk into the centre of town. Our room was a good size with a queen size bed. We were also lucky enough to be on the ground floor. There is a good sized bathroom with a rain shower and plenty of hot water. The hotel has a good sitting room and a small outdoor space where it is nice to relax and read a book. We did have problems with wifi when we first arrived but it was fixed very quickly. Lovely staff who are very helpful and happy to speak English with you. We spent two days in Beaune and we had a lovely time visiting the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The location is great. It's a bit off the main attractions but everything is in walking distance.
The room was small and dark and there is literally no facility in this hotel, but the room is clean and in OK condition. WiFi is free but it is as good as no WiFi as we cannot connect to it at the Annex. This is more a B&B than a hotel. The reception staff Mathilde's attitude was horrible though. When we arrived on 1st May, which was a public holiday she told me I only reserved 2 rooms. In fact I booked 4, and even I showed her the printouts, she refused to look at them and call Hotel.com to check, stating it's holiday and no one would answer the phone. When I insisted, she finally looked and my confirm no. and give us 4 rooms. I can imagine if I had no printout, she would just ask me to walk. When I asked about the carpark, she said we didn't reserve. It was never mentioned in any review or their website that the carparks need to be reserved. They only mentioned free parking. She said the carpark will be available tomorrow and asked us to park in the street for our first night. I said OK but when I went back the second day, she said the carpark was full as we didn't book. I couldn't believe it we just had a conversation one day ago agreeing we would have the parking the second day and the next day she denied everything and refused to help in any way! Her attitude was one of the worst I experienced with B&B staff.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Annex. It is literally in another street above a restaurant and you share the sa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Vire, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Nice comfortable hotel. Room was small, compact and nicely decorated. Walking distance to the centre of town and good restaurants. Pre book the parking at the hotel as not many spaces available. If you only want coffee and pastry for breakfast then walk into town and eat at a local cafe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Verona, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stopped many time in Hotel de la Paix, as it is on my way back from Paris to Verona.
I like the fact it still have the taste of a French Hotel, not like all the standard hotels. You feel you are in the middle of Douce France, and frankly speeking, I like it much more than all the standard hotels you find all over the world. Rooms are comfortables (I had the opportunity to sleep in 3 of them). Location is excellent, even if it is outside the wall. Beaune is a very small village, and 5 minutes walk are not that much! Excellent restaurant nearby (L'auberge Bourguignonne)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a room for 3. It was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The modern bathroom was large. Can't complain. Staff seemed busy. The location was great. Near the old city, but away from the noise. Nice little bakery and restaurant nearby. Lobby was comfortable. The hotel kept our luggage after we checked out and until we had to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel de la Paix? Share your experiences!