“Bike Rentals in Beaune” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 47 Activities in Beaune
Type: Biking Trails, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bicycle rentals, including delivery and pickup, are just the beginning from this company that provides personalized self-guided tours of Burgundy, Dordogne, the Loire Valley, and Provence.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Bike Rentals in Beaune”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice guys with good English and good bikes. Helpful with maps. Enough bikes to have one that fitted me well, tires were full of air, tools and handlebar bag was provided, and by the way, weather was perfect altho not under their control. I didn't shop around but rates seemed reasonable at 18 euros, plus 1 euro for a helmet. If it was me, I'd charge 19 euros and give everyone a helmet or let them decline.

Like a lot of businesses in the area, closed for siesta noon to 1:30 so plan around that. Opens 9am.

And, the riding in the vineyards is spectacular so just do it!

Visited July 2013

Hobart, Australia
“Great guys - great help - great hire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Am I glad I randomly found this establishment and their friendly bi-lingual staff when I arrived at the station and had the choice of a bike or a taxi back to Pommard! I hung onto the bike for the next 4 days and could not have managed without it for commuting as well as the usual local sight-seeing and pleasure of cruising through the vineyards and villages. The equipment was faultless and Florien could not have been more helpful with his advice about where to go, where to eat and what to see in this beautiful district.

Thanks guys - see you next time!

Visited July 2013
Cape Town
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent cycling option and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This company is one of the best I found in all of my travels through Burgundy. Cedric gave us excellent recommendations but more important, these recommendations where totally accurate. Following his advice on virtually every moment of our cycling day, there was not a single “surprise” and I felt totally at home in a foreign territory, thanks to Cedric. Big thumbs up to him for this.

His bikes are really good, new and totally reliable. His shop is easy to find and he speaks English. Both aspects where super important to me.

All in all, Cedic is a good, friendly guy and I ended up following a number of his “non cycling” recommendations which worked out equally top notch. Thanks Cedric for facilitating a brilliant day.

Visited June 2013
New Castle NH
5 attraction reviews
“Great bikes, service and support for a 3 day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I second all the superlatives expressed here about this company and the owners, Cedric and Florian. They have a wealth of bicycle tourism experience between them, including years managing exclusive Butterfield and Robinson trips.

The bikes were very good, probably the best rental bikes I have used. The 28 mm tires were narrow enough to enable easy peddling on paved roads but the tread was agressive enough for occasional stretches of gravel. Paniers and packs were sufficient to carry enough gear for several days of travel.

From the start they patiently answered my many questions by email and also collaborated closely with me to put together a 4 day biking plan. They helped us organize transport of our group and the bikes when that was necessary. They helped with suggestions as to where we may stop for lunches and overnights. I can hardly believe the amount of time they invested helping us with every detail of our trip, all along maintaining an extremely friendly and witty interaction with us even though they may have been secretly grinding their teeth over my endless questions!

The result was a very memorable, multi day ride through the Cote d'Or and Cote de Beaune wine country, made all the more enjoyable by the fact that we planned and undertook the ride by ourselves at a fraction of what we would have paid for a guided tour.

Visited May 2013
Boulder, Co
13 attraction reviews
“Great guys, great bikes and lovely rides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

First of all, its a wonderful experience, the terrain is easy, and no traffic to speak of. The bikes are excellent, I think I counted 30 speeds, or am I nuts? 20 for sure. ( I thought a bike ride would be fun and expected a vintage single speed fat tire type) The bike even has a bag for small items and a clear plastic lid so you can insert a map or your route. It's a beautiful day, lunch along the way, and no cars to bother you for the most part.
The guys in the shop, Cedric and Florian clearly want you to have a great experience, they offer all sorts of advice and answer all questions happily.
Even if you're a casual bike rider you will love the day jut relaxing and enjoying the air and scenery up close.

I have seen bikes for rent at various hotels, nothing special, but

Visited May 2013